Knapp Still in Buisness?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orion

Knapp Still in Buisness?

Post by Orion »

I've been trying to contact KNAPPent for a few weeks and have not gotten a reply. I've called their number as advertised on their website and it's a "talk to women" hotline...

Are they still in business?

Thanks.

http://www.knappent.com/page11.html
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Does the phone number actually work?
I know that Larry's guns sells an almost idetical scope mount system, and Larry is still in business.

http://www.larrysguns.com/Products/Scop ... Mount.aspx
Orion

Post by Orion »

I'll give Knapp another week.. I prefer their mount over others.

Thanks.
bachekermooni

Post by bachekermooni »

I was looing for a Knapp mount (for 208s) last year. Found out he is out of the business. I bought my mount from RoCo Systems:
http://www.rocosystem.com/hammerli208scopemount/
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

just want to caution you that this rail sold by RoCo requires that your Hammerli has the original 250 gram weight attached bottom of the barrel. If you buy the Hammerli Knapp scope rail and don't posess this weight, the weight to attach the scope rail is an additional 250 bucks at Larrys, while the LGI mount comes with an integrated weight. I have had two different Hammerlis. One came with the weight, one without.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Thanks for the note.
Nick Y

Post by Nick Y »

I was also interested in the knapp mount. I was on Larry's guns web site and it does not show a picture of the hammerli mount. If someone would post a picture that would be much appreciated. Also are the Larry's and Roco mounts the same? If not what are the differences.
bachekermooni

Post by bachekermooni »

Isabel1130 wrote:just want to caution you that this rail sold by RoCo requires that your Hammerli has the original 250 gram weight attached bottom of the barrel. If you buy the Hammerli Knapp scope rail and don't posess this weight, the weight to attach the scope rail is an additional 250 bucks at Larrys, while the LGI mount comes with an integrated weight. I have had two different Hammerlis. One came with the weight, one without.
Really? I just slid it in place of the original small weight and off I went. I later added the original weight to the bottom of the mount weight. But last week took it off as it seems to have helped me hold the gun with less wobble.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

bachekermooni wrote:
Isabel1130 wrote:just want to caution you that this rail sold by RoCo requires that your Hammerli has the original 250 gram weight attached bottom of the barrel. If you buy the Hammerli Knapp scope rail and don't posess this weight, the weight to attach the scope rail is an additional 250 bucks at Larrys, while the LGI mount comes with an integrated weight. I have had two different Hammerlis. One came with the weight, one without.
Really? I just slid it in place of the original small weight and off I went. I later added the original weight to the bottom of the mount weight. But last week took it off as it seems to have helped me hold the gun with less wobble.
The Knapp/Hammerli mount screws onto the original Hammerli barrel weight with three small screws. The weight itself is attached to the frame by a allen nut. If you were able to just slide it on and lock it to the frame with the nut, the weight or a copy of one, would have to be attached to the Hammerli/Knapp mount already.

Many after market parts have been made for the Hammerli. I have seen quite a few of them, but I am sure there are many configurations I havent seen.
bachekermooni

Post by bachekermooni »

Isabel1130 wrote:
bachekermooni wrote:
The Knapp/Hammerli mount screws onto the original Hammerli barrel weight with three small screws. The weight itself is attached to the frame by a allen nut. If you were able to just slide it on and lock it to the frame with the nut, the weight or a copy of one, would have to be attached to the Hammerli/Knapp mount already.

Many after market parts have been made for the Hammerli. I have seen quite a few of them, but I am sure there are many configurations I havent seen.
I was unsure whose mount to buy. Roco had a pic of their mount and it showed that it had a weight (obviously a copy) with it. I called and they confirmed. There was no pic on Larry's site and no one returned my VM.

So I got Roco's. The sad part is, my then brand new 208s would throw the spent cases almost straight up so it would hit the mount and drop right down into the returning slide. Ouch. So I had to have it cut back to the edge of the chamber. I will post a pic later.

Cheers.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I have heard it is possible to tune the spring so it does not do that. I also had one do that but it was missing an extractor. You can also change ammos and get a different ejection point. However, it is a common problem as you see a lot of Hammerlis with the mount cut.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Thanks, I picked one up from LGI.