I Need a Stapler.

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orion

I Need a Stapler.

Post by Orion »

Walmart, Target, and Lowe's don't carry simple plastic cheapo staplers. Where to?

Thanks.
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

Sears, of course. Also Lowes carries a small J21 metal stapler as well.

Cecil
Rover

Post by Rover »

Do you really want one of those pieces of crap?

Nothing's more frustrating than a non-working one.
PFribley

Stapler

Post by PFribley »

I got one at KMart!!!
mr alexander

Stapler

Post by mr alexander »

Orion,

I went to an Ace Hardware store 6 years ago and purchased an Arrow JT-21 Stapler. All metal and 100% chromed-plated! Can't rust if your hands are sweaty in summer, very durable and RELIABLE. Hope this model is still being made. You won't be sorry with 1 of these; definitely superior to the plastic ones. Can't go wrong at around $15.00?!
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

I may not be a very good shooter but I know my staplers.

Went through a couple cheapos.

Get an Arrow model JT21M and never look back.
Never had an alibi with it.
Only time it does not function is when it is out of bullets.

For what its worth.

Clarence
Orion

Post by Orion »

Thanks for all the expert advise.

With plenty of determination and training, I too may one day say, "No need, I have a stapler" or "I do have a working stapler you can use".

Stapler club here I come.
Last edited by Orion on Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
gulliver62

JT21

Post by gulliver62 »

Have to add my ++ to the JT21. I have the one that I started with when I was about 14 (36 years ago).
ghillieman

Post by ghillieman »

That arrow stapler seems to have a good following. I bought a compact stapler Stanley brand at walmart for $12. Ive use it for about 3 years now without any problems. I'ts small enough I put it in my aluminum scorebook holder that has extra pens, staples, and a roll of masking tape to paste up bullet holes in the white. Makes things a whole lot easier than waiting on a stapler or messing with a roll of buff pasters. Get one, put your name on it, cause you'll be passing it around....
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I too have an Arrow JT21, which has been dropped from heights and so on.

They take a bit of force to operate, the staples are pretty big, and the staples don't always penetrate so well, some of the samller ones which use thinner staples take much less effort and can penetrate better eg plywood.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

The answer you are looking for is Hobby Lobby, they have the best target stapler on the planet. I did use the black powerfast ones gil hebard sold but they are no longer making them or the staples, so i like many of you went on a quest with no luck till i saw one of these a friend had. So i went there and bought one, its even better than the old power fast ones, light, small and powerful, staples are cheap at only 1.99 per K. the stapler was like 8.99 i think, great find check them out. here is a link.

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/eas ... er-153635/
CR10X

Post by CR10X »

Guess Rover must have gotten a bad one. The J21s are mostly what I find on the lines at the matches I run. On the other hand, what do I know.

Guess I'll go back to listening to you all as I have since 2004........

Cecil
Misny

Post by Misny »

GunRunner wrote:The answer you are looking for is Hobby Lobby, they have the best target stapler on the planet. I did use the black powerfast ones gil hebard sold but they are no longer making them or the staples, so i like many of you went on a quest with no luck till i saw one of these a friend had. So i went there and bought one, its even better than the old power fast ones, light, small and powerful, staples are cheap at only 1.99 per K. the stapler was like 8.99 i think, great find check them out. here is a link.

Does this stapler take the JT21 staples?
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

Misny wrote:
GunRunner wrote:The answer you are looking for is Hobby Lobby, they have the best target stapler on the planet. I did use the black powerfast ones gil hebard sold but they are no longer making them or the staples, so i like many of you went on a quest with no luck till i saw one of these a friend had. So i went there and bought one, its even better than the old power fast ones, light, small and powerful, staples are cheap at only 1.99 per K. the stapler was like 8.99 i think, great find check them out. here is a link.

Does this stapler take the JT21 staples?
I have no idea, they sell the staples there at HL, for 1k box for 1.99, Put it this way, ive used every brand stapler there is, arrows, black and decker and others this one is light and never fails, even shoots every staple in a stick down to the last one.
philip_T

Staples

Post by philip_T »

Hobby Lobby link shows the staples for their stapler also fit theJT21 stapler.
waxman

Post by waxman »

djsomers

Post by djsomers »

Ben Franklin has the EasyTacker too. Works good and wont scratch anything banging around. $10.
shadow

Stapler

Post by shadow »

I have a Kangaroo brand stapler with a crisp trigger pull.
jps2486

Re: Stapler

Post by jps2486 »

mr alexander wrote:Orion,

I went to an Ace Hardware store 6 years ago and purchased an Arrow JT-21 Stapler. All metal and 100% chromed-plated! Can't rust if your hands are sweaty in summer, very durable and RELIABLE. Hope this model is still being made. You won't be sorry with 1 of these; definitely superior to the plastic ones. Can't go wrong at around $15.00?!
That's the best one you can get. I would not buy any cheap plastic POS made in China.
inthebeech

JT21

Post by inthebeech »

You know, this the item in my range bag that has been with me from the beginning, for my high power phase; I bet it is twenty years old and never fails to go bang.