Ruger MKIII

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

firefirst

Ruger MKIII

Post by firefirst »

I have one and it has a triger job and a few other stuff done to it rubber grips thumb rest Millett red dot. Iwas shooting high 70's low 80's, I thought it was a good gun. Did some reading and tried some of the things they saidto do now I am at the low 90's high 80's and I know that it can put all shoots in the 10 ring. I shoot at 25 yd's 5 ten shot groups I shot out the 10 ring ripped the 9, and put a few in the 8 , and this is with a wal-mart target smaller then the ones they use in bullseye
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

It really a rush isnt it when you shoot a really great target. Makes me want more!!!
golddredger

Post by golddredger »

I just picked up a new Ruger Mark III a few weeks ago. It is the slab side competition target model. I have only burned a few hundred rounds so far but I think I really need to do the trigger kit from Volquartsen. Is this the trigger kit in your gun? Did you do it yourself and what do you think?
firefirst

Post by firefirst »

yes on the triger job and no on doing it my self
djsomers

Post by djsomers »

I have a Ruger Mk III and did the Volkquartsen trigger kit myself. It is not a huge deal if you feel at all mechanically inclined and have a little patience. It definitely improves the trigger. There are good YouTube walk throughs on installation.
golddredger

Post by golddredger »

djsomers wrote:I have a Ruger Mk III and did the Volkquartsen trigger kit myself. It is not a huge deal if you feel at all mechanically inclined and have a little patience. It definitely improves the trigger. There are good YouTube walk throughs on installation.
Thanks I was most curious if it was worth the $120.00 bucks to buy it? If it makes enough of a difference.
jps2486

Post by jps2486 »

I used to shoot bulls eye seriously years ago using a Hammerli 208s. I moved to an area where there is no bulls eye shooting, so I sold the good guns. I then became a snowbird and found an informal once a month outdoor match so I bought a lowly Ruger22/45. Installed a VQ trigger and my old Ultra Dot scope. While not as sophisticated as my old M41 or 208s, it shoots pretty darn good.