Pneumatic AP for Juniors?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
IPshooter

Pneumatic AP for Juniors?

Post by IPshooter »

I am investigating single stroke pneumatic APs for a Junior program. They are currently using FWB 65s and TAU-7s.

I know the IZH-46Ms are good pistols, but they are muzzle-heavy. The newer FWBs are great but pricey.

Are there any other options I'm missing?

TIA

Stan
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Daisy 747
Rover

Post by Rover »

FAS 604s still available new, but a little low in power.

Used Pardini K58. Getting a little scarce, but you can still find them. I think these are the best for several reasons including price, ergonomics, trigger, and ease of rebuild.

I wouldn't sneer at finding some more FWB 65s, either.
k9jri

FAS 604 is a good choice

Post by k9jri »

Rover wrote:FAS 604s still available new, but a little low in power.
I have both the IZH-46M and FAS 604 and find that both shoot quite well. The FAS is enjoyed more by my friends as it just "feels" better in their hands. While the 604 IS lower in power than the 46M you can't tell it by looking at the targets. It is very accurate and punches clean holes at 10M using Vogel match pellets.

In skilled hands I would not want to bet big $$$ one one against the other.

Mike
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

GaryN wrote:Daisy 747
Your kidding right?

My 6 year old will start using a Steyr LP2 Short later this year... at bare minimum I would start a junior off of a Morini CM162 short or the Steyr LP2 short.

Giving a junior a pneumatic air gun will just discourage them and they will suffer fatigue mid match!
GaryN

Post by GaryN »

Well the OP did ask about SSPs and the 747 is a SSP.
He did indicate that the current CA APs are "pricy." This indicates that he is on a budget. But we don't know what his budget is.

No argument about the effort to charge a SSP. I have a K58 and know how much more effort it takes to charge it vs. a co2 or CA pistol. I now shoot a Walther CPM1 because of that very reason.

@Stan
The K58 is a good option as well, I like mine. In fact the grip is perfect for smaller hands. The grip fits me better than the larger grip on my Walther.
Rover

Post by Rover »

A lot of people find the SSPs tiring to cock, but I have never found them so. Might be helpful with some of our flabby youth.

Another option, scarce now but ideal, would be the Pardini P10. This would be my first choice for young shooters.