Walther LG400 maintenance?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

TerryKuz

Walther LG400 maintenance?

Post by TerryKuz »

Is there any maintenance needed on the LG400? I lightly lubed the bolt and linkage on my Anscutz 9003 with factory lube. My LG400 did not ship with any lubes.
By the way, I really like the LG400. The balance is more to the rear than the Anschutz, and the cheek piece fits me better. Both rifles are equivalent in quality and function.
robf

Post by robf »

I'd leave it alone. Lube has a way of finding its way into the hammer and the reg if too much is applied.
bpscCheney

Post by bpscCheney »

I agree also, if you didn't already know this, oils do not belong in compressed air tanks. The tank can and will explode, I have seen it happen. Also the owners manual should contain some information on cleaning and car for your rifle, I suggest you look there for help as well.
RobinC

Post by RobinC »

Agree with above, I've had mine a year, the wife now also has one, they come out of the case get shot, wipe off fingerprints with a dry cloth and get put back. We blow the odd cleaning felt down the barrel occassionaly.
There are a lot of match air guns that get problems due to excess lubing, leave them as bought and just use them.
Robin