Pardini SP Ejection Problem?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
kurais

Pardini SP Ejection Problem?

Post by kurais »

I recently purchased a used Pardini SP. It functions fine cycling ammo when fired it doesn't eject the case/cartridge when I manually cycle the action. Is this normal?

More specifically, when I pull the slide back the extractor pulls the case out of the chamber and hits the ejector part of the magazine and does not eject. I thought it could be the magazine so I ordered a new one from PardiniUSA but it too does the same thing. I guess it's not a huge problem, but I'd like to be able to clear a malfunction on the fly if I need to.
dschaller

Post by dschaller »

If you are saying that when you have an unfired round in the chamber, it does not eject, then that is normal. The only way to clear a unfired round from the gun is to drop the magazine, then retract the slide and if the round does not fall out, use your finger to push the round off the extractor to then fall out. I was also quite surprised the first time I tried to remove a "dud" round and it would not retract far enough for the bullet to exit the chamber, so it would not eject.
kurais

Post by kurais »

Thanks. That's what I thought but found it odd. I'm used to my Benelli which ejects the round on a manual cycle of the action, and I like to have the option to clear a malfunction instead of take an alibi in timed fire, but I'm just going to hope that I don't have any misfires.
David M

Post by David M »

Fit a new ejector and new spring.
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

The casing with bullet still in is too long and the nose of the bullet will catch in the chamber. That is why a spent case will extract but not a loaded round.
p38

Pardini SP ejection problem

Post by p38 »

Appears that you have your answer. I posed the same question back in early 2011?? Eventually discovered like you that the course of fire we shoot does not allow for immediate action, nor is it necessary, but to take an alibi. My Pardini has performed flawlessly the past 3yrs and am very pleased with my purchase.

Best Regards

Jay from Colonial Heights, VA
p38

Pardini SP ejection problem

Post by p38 »

Appears that you have your answer. I posed the same question back in early 2011?? Eventually discovered like you that the course of fire we shoot does not allow for immediate action, nor is it necessary, but to take an alibi. My Pardini has performed flawlessly the past 3yrs and am very pleased with my purchase.

Best Regards

Jay from Colonial Heights, VA