Federal vs American Eagle

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

Orion

Federal vs American Eagle

Post by Orion »

Champion's Choice sells American Eagle both in 45 and 9mm.

What is the difference between the two?

Thanks.
tuj

Post by tuj »

As far as I know, American Eagle is sort of like the low-end version of Federal's stuff, then they have a Champion which is the mid-grade, and then Gold Medal which is the top shelf stuff.

For the long line, Gold Metal is good stuff. Probably overkill if you are shooting at 50' / 25 yards.

Might also check out ASYM Precision. They are making some very good ammo as well.
yana

Post by yana »

Dunno what kinda pistol you have, but my Browning 9mm swears by Amer Eagle 9mm! Also much nicer to shoot than Fiocchi etc.
Orion

Post by Orion »

CC sells American Eagle for $16/box (9mm), which is odd, because regular Federal goes for about $10.
keith

Post by keith »

Ive been shooting it in my .22's . They seem to be desent . I bought a brick the other day and by mistake grabbed the wrong box....38gr HP's they still seem to shoot well enought ... didnt have any flyers that I couldnt explain....seems to me just about anything will work in the rimfires ..I have no doubt that they will cut the x-ring if you can hold it there....been doing alot of timed and rapid fire practice here lately so I figured I'd just grab something cheap.....Been useing alot of federal rimfires here lately and I find that the AE, Champoin , and the lightning all shoot well enought for use ....still prefer CCI std but I cant always find it...and the federal seem better at least in my guns than the blazer ammo but thats still not a bad rd either.......I think where the rimfire is concerned marksmen ship by far out weights ammo choice score wise...I really cant say any rimfire round that wont hold a 1'' at 50yds and until I can hold that well I'm just not to concerned which rd I put down range....of course I dont use remington to many FTF with those......