Trigger Problems

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ryan.jacobs

Trigger Problems

Post by Ryan.jacobs »

I have an Anschutz Precise stock with the 54 action and standard trigger. A few weeks back I noticed that the 1st stage was getting a little sticky, so I pulled my rifle apart and cleaned everything... except the trigger. I don't feel comfortable taking that apart, especially right in the middle of the season. So I took some gun lubricant and sprayed it into the trigger mechanism and worked it a few times. Now shooting it feels even worse than before, and in some cases "especially in standing" I will be convinced that I have taken up the 1st stage when really I just hit a sticky spot. It usually results in a terrible shot. I bought a can of compressed air to try and blast the junk out of the trigger but I am hesitant on using it on my trigger.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

-Ryan
Rutty

Post by Rutty »

It sounds like time for a bit of drastic action! Remove the trigger unit and and spray or submerge it in degreaser. Alternatively you could put it in an ultrasonic cleanign bath. When thoroughly dry and free of any debris; use a compressed air can if necessary; very lightly lubricate the bearing surfaces with a little instrument or light clock oil.

If you are not happy doing this yourself then you might consider taking it to a clock or watch repairer, this kind of cleaning and lubrication is an everyday task to them.

Rutty

PS
Never spray lubricate a trigger mechanism.
Ryan.jacobs

Post by Ryan.jacobs »

Thanks