My compliments to Domino (FAS)

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
k9jri

My compliments to Domino (FAS)

Post by k9jri »

I recently purchased a new FAS 604 Standard model from one of our major USA dealers. When the pistol arrived the FAS plastic case was broken completely in two at the hinges and had been taped back together. Obviously this had happened way before it was shipped to me. The loose case let the pistol slip around a bit while in transit to me and the thin rear sight blade on the 604 was bent.

A quick call to the dealer resulted in a quick discount for the purchase. The pistol would have been immediately exchanged except that it was their last 604 in stock and the next shipment was not expected for 6 - 8 weeks. I was quite happy with the discount and straightened the blade as best I could.

The next day I sent an email to Domino (FAS) in Italy explaining what had happened and asked if they could direct me to a USA company that might have the sight blade in stock. Within a few hours I received an email back asking me for my shipping address so that they could replace the rear sight blade free of charge.

Six days later (yesterday) I received an envelope containing not only the replacement sight blade but a small quantity of FAS Domino stickers and a very nice embroidered "FAS" patch for a shooting coat or hat.

Very nice service from FAS, extremely quick and with absolutely no hassle. I was very impressed and felt good about having purchased their pistol even though it was a bit pricy.

Mike
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

I agree entirely. I purchased an old 601 (.22 short RF pistol), and needed a small part. I emailed them asking about a US source for parts, and they very graciously sent the part without charge.
Brian G

Post by Brian G »

I had a similar experience when I had a cracked slide on a 601 after many years of hard use. A free replacement by return of post. The pistol was an I.G.I. 601 (forerunner of the FAS) but FAS replaced it.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

I would like to buy a new FAS, they just aren't sold in Australia any more.
k9jri

Very nice pistol

Post by k9jri »

JamesH wrote:I would like to buy a new FAS, they just aren't sold in Australia any more.
James, That is too bad as the FAS 604 is a very nice pistol and is easy to shoot well. I am an older (68) non competitive shooter that likes to shoot decent kit and shoot often at my small home range.

I have several SSP pistols and rifles and like them all. My IZH 46M is the easiest pistol for me to shoot well followed by the FAS 604 and then the HW75 and HW40. The HWs are about a draw even though you would think that the 75 should be easier to shoot well.

My two rifles are both Daisy Avanti 753s. One with a scope and the other with Anschutz Match Target sights. They both shoot quite well at 10M but the scoped rifle is the more difficult to shoot well offhand.

One thing I think I have learned is that for a non competitive (casual) shooter the particular pistol or rifle is not all that important as long they are intended for 10M match shooting. They will all shoots 10s if you can.

Hopefully you will be able to get your 604 some day :)

Mike