45 brass

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

bullseyeny

45 brass

Post by bullseyeny »

Anyone have any thoughts on a good match quality 45 brass? I am using a bunch of once fired for practice but want to invest in 500 match grade. just curious what people are using.
trulyapostolic

Post by trulyapostolic »

Buy Starline.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

http://www.starlinebrass.com/?gclid=CO_ ... RQod7RVMDQ

It is all I have used for the last 3 years.
Still on my first 1000 pieces when I started.
Still have an unopened box of 1000 in the closet.

Clarence
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I am in agreement. Starline is my favorite. However most top shooters and reloaders have found that the brass makes very little or no difference in the accuracy for 45 ACP. I load new brass only for my long line loads,at the outdoor matches. After that it gets mixed in with the rest and I reload it until it cracks, or I can't resize it .
Misny

Post by Misny »

I like Starline and Winchester.
BarryB

Post by BarryB »

Yep, Starline and WW are both good choices. With pistol bullseye, I believe the biggest benefit of having consistent brass is to make it easier to collect yours afterwards(if you don't use a catcher). 45 brass seems to last forever with bullseye level loads.

Unless you're already shooting "high master", I doubt that new brass with get you any extra points though. JMHO
Bullseye58

Post by Bullseye58 »

I only use Starline and WW brass. I have found them to be the most durable and less prone to any reloading issues or feeding problems.
GunRunner

Post by GunRunner »

brasss use to be no big deal, but in the last 7 years the companys have all produced lead free range loads, these have bigger flash holes, beveled rounded insides and some even have the small primers, to to accurate, you must be consistent. I load starline only now for matches, after a season of problems using mixed brass which had a bunch of that trash brass mixed in, these would shoot to a different point, i found out it was due to the different pressures created by the differences in the brass.
JimPGov

Post by JimPGov »

http://www.tjconevera.com/newun45aubrw.html

HERE'S NEW STARLINE BRASS FOR 125 PER K
I HAVE DEALT WITH COMPANY FOR YEARS NOTHING BUT TOP SHELF SERVICE.
TCNTN

Starline +p

Post by TCNTN »

I started out with range brass for pratice and as I've accumulated more I've standardized on Federal, Winchester and Starline. For matches I use brass that was purchased new. It is reused a few times and then moved to the pratice rounds.

I purchased some starline +P last time because it was in stock and the regular wasn't. Any ideas if the +p would impact target loads?
keith

Post by keith »

I tend to use Federal, Winchester ,and even Remington. But I keep it separated....Federal has a large and small flash hole . So I separate those , Winchester and R-P each also has there own box ...everthing else gets used up at IDPA and Bowling pin shoots....But I plan on a Starline Purchase here in the near future with my next bullet order....I tend to load in 300rd batches and keep each batch in different boxes..seems to work at least for indoors at 25yds....so I'll save the Starline for 50
oldcaster

Post by oldcaster »

Check on the Magnus site and you will find that they test their bullets with mixed brass. I am positive that keeping pistol brass sorted and sometimes even trimmed can be very important but 45 ACP isn't one of them on the list.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

I have not expereinced any differences in accuracy between any of the major brands of brass. I use mixed brass in my loads.
Bullseye58

Post by Bullseye58 »

Winchester & Starline get my vote.
Dave C.

Post by Dave C. »

Winchester.
Best groups and ease of use in progressive reloading presses.
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

Anything I can get my mitts on.