My CZ match rifle project is completed

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Maxicooper

My CZ match rifle project is completed

Post by Maxicooper »

My project CZ 452 Ultra Match rifle is done. My son will use the rifle in 3P smallbore this coming season. :)

:)
Jason

Post by Jason »

Wow! More pictures, please.
sakoarms

Post by sakoarms »

That looks great!! I second the need for more pics. Nicely done.
Jordan1s

Post by Jordan1s »

absolutely beautiful!!!!!!
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

pcw

Post by pcw »

Tell us about it! Where is the stock from? How much cash did you have to lay out? Sure is purdy!
WarWagon

Post by WarWagon »

Great looking rifle! My only concerns for 3P use would be the short handrail, but if he's got long arms, it should be doable.
Mikey_P

Post by Mikey_P »

pcw wrote:Tell us about it! Where is the stock from? How much cash did you have to lay out? Sure is purdy!
That is a Klinsky stock. Here's their website: http://www.klinsky.cz/stranky/301.php

There's a fellow on rimfirecentral.com in the CZ/Brno forums, brnomann is his username, who may be able to get you one. A great guy to deal with, BTW.

I have a Brno Model 4 Match in the same stock. Works well, at least for prone.

Mike
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

WarWagon wrote:Great looking rifle! My only concerns for 3P use would be the short handrail, but if he's got long arms, it should be doable.
For 3P, my son left hand is at the front part of the cutaway, just right behind the rail.

I haven't tried the rifle with the sling attached, in positions yet. The handstop and sling adapter will not arrive until Thursday.

From off hand, the rifle slingtly front heavy due to long barrel 28.5". Easy to aim and feels good in hands. Total weight is around 8.5lbs.

Hope the weather is good this weekend. Stay tuned for range report. :)
Last edited by Maxicooper on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GCSInc

Price?

Post by GCSInc »

What's the price in USD? Are they hard to find in the USA? The adjustments don't look to be very rapid, how long does it take to go from Prone to Standing and Standing to Kneeling?

Thanks,

Roy
Maxicooper

Re: Price?

Post by Maxicooper »

GCSInc wrote:What's the price in USD? Are they hard to find in the USA? The adjustments don't look to be very rapid, how long does it take to go from Prone to Standing and Standing to Kneeling?

Thanks,

Roy
Total would be around ~$800. That includes 452 Ultra Lux rifle, Klinsky match stock, Brno match sights and sunshade, Anschutz adjustable iris and eye shade.

There are a lot of thread about the stock in rimfirecentral, this is one of them. http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... nsky+stock

If you need to adjust only butt stock between positions, it would take around 30 seconds to make the adjustment.

My son with the rifle, and he said on the first day with the rifle, "Dad, I love this CZ!!!".

It's not Anschutz, but it's fun to shoot, accurate and at a reasonable price. :)
bugman1955

Post by bugman1955 »

Great looking rifle. My only suggestion is do not use the rubber eye cup. If it get's jarred in any way your shooting will suffer.
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

bugman1955 wrote:Great looking rifle. My only suggestion is do not use the rubber eye cup. If it get's jarred in any way your shooting will suffer.
Thanks for the suggest.

I actually found that the sunshade, in front of the rear sight, was misaligned. We took it off, the rifle aim better and the groups were much tighter now. :)
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

Ultra target in action. :cool:

My son was practicing with the rifle for the upcoming MD state 3P smallbore championship next month.

Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

Goes hi-tech !!!

bluetentacle

Post by bluetentacle »

It's a great looking rifle, but I think a few ergonomic improvements might help.

In particular, the underside of the stock from the trigger guard to the tip of the foreend should be straight, rather than having that major cutout for the magazine. This will allow the shooter to put the hand wherever he desires for proper fit. As it is, it looks like he's using that curve effectively as a handstop, but that's not necessarily what his hand wants to be. Even if it wants to be there now, as the kid grows he'll want to gradually move the hand forward, and the stock doesn't permit that.

The foreend should be narrower and closer to the barrel axis. The smaller the distance between the hand and the barrel, the less the muzzle jumps upward in recoil.
Maxicooper

Post by Maxicooper »

bluetentacle wrote:It's a great looking rifle, but I think a few ergonomic improvements might help.

In particular, the underside of the stock from the trigger guard to the tip of the foreend should be straight, rather than having that major cutout for the magazine. This will allow the shooter to put the hand wherever he desires for proper fit. As it is, it looks like he's using that curve effectively as a handstop, but that's not necessarily what his hand wants to be. Even if it wants to be there now, as the kid grows he'll want to gradually move the hand forward, and the stock doesn't permit that.

The foreend should be narrower and closer to the barrel axis. The smaller the distance between the hand and the barrel, the less the muzzle jumps upward in recoil.
Thank you so much.

I agree about the underside. i wish it was straighten all the way to the trigger guard. It was the location of the action/barrel bolts the prevent that.

So far, it was a fun to shoot and pretty accurate. Excellent as a training and beginning target rifle. :)
Zoomies

Post by Zoomies »

Maxicooper wrote:Goes hi-tech !!!

What type/make of setup is that camera?
birdwatcher

Post by birdwatcher »

very nice i have the exact same build going on at the moment. i shoot a anchutz but I'm building one to plink with and for the wife and kids to shoot on fun club matches
Maxicooper

Dynamic Duo

Post by Maxicooper »

After having fun with with the CZ, and my son is getting more involve into the sport. It's time to step up a knot, so I got my son some new shooting gears.