Anschutz 2018

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

pratt2208

Anschutz 2018

Post by pratt2208 »

i was wondering what people think about the 2018 and if anyone knows of any other brands that are top of the line and easy to obtain in the US around the same price range
Thank you
Jason
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

I have the Precise 9003 and the stock is pretty nice for offhand. The cheek piece does not have tilt but is slides in and out and back and forth. The pistol grip does not have the full range of movement either. In some ways my previous 9003 stock had more range. No big deal, but those seem to be limitations.
Roadthing

Post by Roadthing »

I only shoot prone, and I got to say it took a long time to get this stock to fit me right, and now I am thinking of using a block under the forend. It is a solid stock and I imagine for a 3p shooter this stock would serve them well.

Doug
BAtarget

Post by BAtarget »

Ill put this as easy as possible. The 2018 is a very good rifle. Matt Emmons shoots a 2018 with a bloop tube. Although he did change out his original barrel with a Lilja Precision barrel. After doing so he won gold at Beijing.

The rifle is only worth the money if you are getting good really quickly.

Now if you want my opinion on other guns, forget about them. Although the groups you can shoot with other guns are nearly identical, the amount of after market attachments, stocks, and barrels are limitless for the 20XX series action. Most if not all other equivelant grouping guns dont nearly have the amount of capabilities as the 20XX series. Plus, attachments from earlier anschutz rifles (18XX series) can be used with the 20XX series stock.

hope this helps
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

BAtarget wrote:Ill put this as easy as possible. The 2018 is a very good rifle. Matt Emmons shoots a 2018 with a bloop tube. Although he did change out his original barrel with a Lilja Precision barrel. After doing so he won gold at Beijing.
No he didn't. Matt Emmons won gold at the 2004 Athens Olympics with a wood stocked 2013. The barrel (indeed a Lilja) and action were borrowed a friend, aafter his had been vandalised. He won Silver at the 2008 Beijing games, the gold medalist was Artur Aivazian of Ukraine (shooting a Walther KK200). Matt's stock was the old cast alu 2313.