Upgraded trigger for the IZH-46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Bill177

Upgraded trigger for the IZH-46M

Post by Bill177 »

Air Venturi has just announced their fully articulated trigger for the IZH-46M.

The new assembly allows the finger rest to be adjusted laterally, in the same manner as used on the very high dollar competition air pistols (Pardini, Morini, Steyr).

The lateral adjustment makes shooting more comfortable and the control of the trigger much easier. I assure you, this is an option well worth adding to your Izzy. It will put trigger operation on a par with my Pardini.

Pyramyd will be selling these starting the next couple of days. You can see it at http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Air_Ventu ... embly/4101
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

That assembly might not work for short finger. The rear protrusion is quite pronounced.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

The trigger blade looks like it's made out of plastic or polymer?
k9jri

Is a polymer trigger bad?

Post by k9jri »

A polymer trigger would not be a bad thing would it? I have mine on backorder from PA. It looks like a very nice option for the 46 or 46M pistol.

Mike
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Another trigger that seems very similar, but with a slight difference is the Anshütz curved trigger shoe; it has finger grooves and I imagine the quality is better...
Attachments
Anschütz curved trigger shoe 7006201.jpg
Anschütz curved trigger shoe 7006201.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 3631 times
philip_T

Triggers

Post by philip_T »

This was also posted in another bog. My Izzy is a 3mm rail
for the trigger clamp. what is the anschultz spec?
kevinweiho

Re: Triggers

Post by kevinweiho »

philip_T wrote:This was also posted in another bog. My Izzy is a 3mm rail
for the trigger clamp. what is the anschultz spec?
Looking closely, the trigger clamp is round and therefore it is not compatible with the Izzy...
v76

Post by v76 »

With some careful filing I fitted a Steyr straight blade on mine - the clamp looks similar.
k9jri

Re: Is a polymer trigger bad?

Post by k9jri »

k9jri wrote:A polymer trigger would not be a bad thing would it? I have mine on backorder from PA. It looks like a very nice option for the 46 or 46M pistol.

Mike
Mine will ship today form PA.

Mike
k9jri

It appears to be aluminum

Post by k9jri »

kevinweiho wrote:The trigger blade looks like it's made out of plastic or polymer?
Kevin, My trigger arrived today and both the trigger blade and the shaft appear to be made out of aluminum.

Mike
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Mike,

how far back can the new replacement trigger be placed? It looks like it won't rail back beyond the half length point due to its big, behind the trigger face adaptor?
k9jri

Post by k9jri »

seamaster wrote:Mike,

how far back can the new replacement trigger be placed? It looks like it won't rail back beyond the half length point due to its big, behind the trigger face adaptor?
It appears to be that you lose about 3/8" of rearward movement and of course gain that on forward movement. I was able to adjust mine where I wanted it with about 1/8" rearward movement left.

It would not be appropriate for small hands but for my medium glove sized hands it works quite well. It also has less vertical length and is slightly flatter than the original trigger. I like the slightly flatter contour.

I especially like the decreased vertical dimension as it makes it easier for me to put my finger in the same place every time.

These, of course, are my observations after playing with it for only a few hours. Nice quality for $30 and it may or may not suit your needs.

Mike