for people in your 50's, 5.0mm front sight?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
seamaster

for people in your 50's, 5.0mm front sight?

Post by seamaster »

For people in your 50's, do you really shoot better scores with bigger front sight?

I am talking about better score, not looking for comment of easier shooting with a bigger front sight, etc.
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

I don't use a 5mm sight, but I have had to increase the width of the rear sight in order to clearly see the front sight.
Rover

Post by Rover »

What he said.

I like a 4.7 sight.

I think a lot of guys use a rear sight that is too narrow under the mistaken impression that it allows them to aim more accurately.
Russ

Post by Russ »

mistaken impression ????rear sight that is too narrow....

How about the physical ability to hold your tool ($2,000 piece) strong enough to handle proper aiming?
How about lighting conditions below the standard of ISSF rules?
You can narrow it or you can make it wider. It all depends on circumstances and the ability to make correct decisions.
Last edited by Russ on Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I find the sight makes very little difference. I prefer the sights on my FWB AW-93 because they are larger but I find my hold and my triggering are far more important than how the sight "looks"
This is also true when I am shooting a dot.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Besides Russ, are there any here who change their sight width when they are feeling feeble or a bulb blows at the range?
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Absolutely.

Shooting in bright sunny day, I can close down on the rear sight and still see clearly.

Shooting in dim light/ dusk hours, I need to open up on the rear sight to see front sight clearly.

Can't see absolutely clearly, then I am just fudge shooting.