Alu Stocks

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Martin Catley

Alu Stocks

Post by Martin Catley »

I am using an Anschutz aloy Stock, one of the older Blue ones, at what stage do people change the rubber bedding strip in these? Mine has seen a few years use now and seems to be pretty thin, it seems to still give a good bedding area but has probably lost any "give" for want of a better word.
Any advice welcome on Bedding these stocks.

This is for a round 54 action.

Thanks Martin
Eric U

Post by Eric U »

My understanding is that the rubber bedding pads on the Anschutz stocks are supposed to be changed yearly.

Eric U
Martin Catley

Alu Stocks

Post by Martin Catley »

Thanks for the reply, interesting,I will have a talk to our local distributer.

Martin
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I use gasket material that can be picked up at an auto parts store. way cheaper and works well. My stock came without any gasket material (I use a MEC stock) so I had to put something in there to get it to shoot.
Matt
r3tr1

Post by r3tr1 »

Hi there,

I was wondering if as anyone known anything about this new Alu Stock presented next:

DE-JO Precision - Viper II Stock

http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/Rifle_Stocks.html

If so, I would welcome any replies of it ;)
Martin Catley

Alu Stock

Post by Martin Catley »

Thanks for the replies I was hoping for more interest in this but everyone must be happy with them as is.
For interest I have had a note from another Forum member saying he contacted Anschutz and they recommend changing the material every three or four years regardless of the torque value used.
tenring

Post by tenring »

What torque setting do you find shoots best. Mine always seemed to like what Anschutz recommended 5-6Nm. I'm not so sure they need changing all that often. If you have the action in and out often...maybe as the rubber surface will come off the aluminum. All it does is provide minimal damping and create a somewhat smooth surfaet for the action to meet the stock. Automotive gasket material works well, or spend $40 and buy a new one every few years.

tenring
tenring

bedding

Post by tenring »

What torque setting do you find shoots best. Mine always seemed to like what Anschutz recommended 5-6Nm. I'm not so sure they need changing all that often. If you have the action in and out often...maybe as the rubber surface will come off the aluminum. All it does is provide minimal damping and create a somewhat smooth surfaet for the action to meet the stock. Automotive gasket material works well, or spend $40 and buy a new one every few years.

tenring