pardini SP recoil buffer?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
yana

pardini SP recoil buffer?

Post by yana »

Does the old model SP22 have a recoil buffer? If yes, what does it look like, and where should it be?
Disassembled my SP today, first time, to clean it.
Removed screw on the front
Removed front slide block+barrel
Removed slide+spring
There's a little pen loose in the action
Didnt see any buffer?
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

The buffer is a green mushroom shaped piece that mounts in the rear of the frame. With the barrel and bolt removed you can look into the frame and see it. With the grip off you will see a hole in the back of the frame that the stem part of the buffer pushes into. If you have a well used pistol it may have been worn away.

They are a little tricky to install. I use a piece of 3/8 wood dowel held vertically. I place the buffer on the top of the dowel and lower the frame down onto the buffer. Using a dental pick through the hole in the back I guide the stem into place.
yana

Post by yana »

Thanks. Removed the grip and saw the hole with green circle in it at the back. And the side of the buffer on the side.
Looks like some kinda fiber. I was worried it would be some kinda rubber that could deteriorate over time. Allthough it hasnt shot much, time can deteriorate some things anyway.
Fiber cán harden too.
Coastwatcher

Post by Coastwatcher »

I think the buffers are neoprene, but that is a guess. Some solvents may affect them more than others.
My Pardinis are high mileage and I have replaced the buffers in both. The one I took out of the HP was almost worn away.