Unique DES / 32-U

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

pinbuster

Unique DES / 32-U

Post by pinbuster »

I have a shooting friend who is just getting back in to bullseye shooting after taking about 30 years away from the sport. He has several Unique DES .22 pistols, but has just purchased a used .32 caliber Unique DES / 32-U from a retiring shooter. He is in need of extra magazines for the 32-U. If you know of anyone with magazines available or a source for parts, he would greatly appreciate it.

We dropped a note to Dave Wilson to see if he can manufacture a fast-twist barrel for the gun. We haven't tried the gun at 50 yards yet, so we don't know if it has the typical 50 yard .32 stability issues that plague some of the other .32 caliber European guns. If anyone has first hand feedback on the gun's ability to shoot at 50 yards, we'd appreciate that info as well, because it may be spring before he has another opportunity to try it on the long-line.

We emailed the sporttec website in Sweden, as they show the gun on their product page, but we couldn't find any magazines in their product listing, and their site is in a foreign language, making it a bit difficult for us to navigate.

Thanks for your time,

Jeff
Brian G

Translate

Post by Brian G »

Use:-

http://translate.google.com/

it can be set up to translate automatically generally auto detecting the language as well. It can not translate the text inside images :-(

I just tried it http://www.sportec.se/ (note only one "t"), it did not translate the main site but click on sitemap and the links from there are translated. Otherwise cut and paste into the translate.google box you may have to select the language required but it is very straight forward, even a 'coffin dodger' like me can manage it :-)
JohnLK

Post by JohnLK »

I've owned a Unique .32 since 2000 and a DES69 since 1975. I wish they were still made.
My experience with the .32 is not good at 50 yds. May be the twist or may be my reloads which are my own cast bullets. I believe Darius Young shot a Unique .32 with a lot of success but I heard it had been rebarreled.
Just in the last few days I've started shooting the .32 indoors at 50 ft where it really shines!
Sorry I can't help with the magazines.
Good luck.
Let us know what you find out.
JLK
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

I think Dave Wilson might be seeing double. I had asked him these same questions about 10 days ago regarding my new Unique .32. He replied that he doesn't do Unique's and that Dr. Young had his done by someone, who I cannot recall right now, and provided me the gunsmiths number. I don't think Dave was doing barrel work back when Doc Young had his rebarreled? but that is mostly a guess.
The Pardini and FAS models are easier for Dave to do since the barrel assemblies detach from the frame and do not require FFL transfers.

I think I will leave mine as is.
fc60

Unique Barrels

Post by fc60 »

Greetings,

Doc Young encouraged me with machining 32 barrels years ago. I believe he shot an 895 at the Paul Bunyon Club in Washington State with the 32. Cannot recall if it was the ERMA or the Unique. He stopped shooting Bullseye after a shoulder accident and I surely miss talking "32" with him.

Anyway, Doc told me that Dale Anesi re-barreled both his pistols. Here is a link to Mr. Anesi.

http://fflgundealers.net/dale-anesi-machine-shop.html

I sure hope there is only one Dale Anesi that works on guns.

Cheers,

Dave Wilson
JohnLK

Post by JohnLK »

Is there anyone here that has first hand experience rebarreling a
Unique .32?
NOT Pardini or others but a Unique?
:)
Thanks!
JLK
RMinUT

Post by RMinUT »

Pinbuster,
I was wondering your friend was able to locate parts for his Unique? did he find a 'smith to rebarrel it?
Dr. Jim

Unique parts - Sportec AB

Post by Dr. Jim »

I have been faced with the same problem of Unique parts. An inquiry to Sportec AB in Sweden obtained a list (in Swedish) of their parts. I have not yet made an order to them, but will be doing so soon.
Contact person is:

Per-Ake@sportec.se

Cheers --- Dr Jim
TB

Post by TB »

I had a new barrel installed on my former des32u. You Can se some pictures here http://translate.google.dk/translate?sl ... 4%26t%3D11