PARDINI KID AIR PISTOL

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Richard Carter

PARDINI KID AIR PISTOL

Post by Richard Carter »

Hi All
Has anybody shoot this pistol.
Is this a serious contender for 10m match pistol shooting for a adult.
Does anybody have a review with regards to this pistol
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

Hi.
Have shot it as i bought two of them for my club.
This is a entry level matchgun for kids. For adults i would consider other guns.
The gun is kind of small, as i should be when being targeted for kids.
Precicion wise it is not of the same standard as its bigger siblings, if this is due to the fact that it is rather small for an adult or that it just have an cheaper barrel i cant tell.
For our club its intended use is for kids from 6years and up.

One thing that surprised me is that the grip is kind of nice to hold, one wouldnt think so when looking at it.
If i remember it right, you could upgrade the gun with parts so that it becomes an K10.

Lars
MFR

Re: PARDINI KID AIR PISTOL

Post by MFR »

Richard Carter wrote:Hi All
Has anybody shoot this pistol.
Is this a serious contender for 10m match pistol shooting for a adult.
Does anybody have a review with regards to this pistol
If the accuracy is ok, it can be a good choice for adult shooters that are looking for a non heavy muzzle air pistol.

It's just 700gr heavy.
MFR

Post by MFR »

kanedal wrote:Hi.
This is a entry level matchgun for kids. For adults i would consider other guns.
Precicion wise it is not of the same standard as its bigger siblings, if this is due to the fact that it is rather small for an adult or that it just have an cheaper barrel i cant tell.

One thing that surprised me is that the grip is kind of nice to hold, one wouldnt think so when looking at it.
If i remember it right, you could upgrade the gun with parts so that it becomes an K10.

Lars

Lars,

Have you been testing the accuracy in a rest? What is the speed of this gun?
How many shoots will a full cylinder provide?

//MFR
Last edited by MFR on Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sc0

Post by Sc0 »

Agreed, recently purchased a K10 and it has been redesigned compared to the earlier K10's so that it uses the same parts as the KID and K10jr. The earlier K10's had a machined portion of the barrel that the bolt slides in, the later ones don't to facilitate the interchangeability of parts. (I think this change happened sometime in '08 if I remember right.)

Swap the barrel, air cylinder, grip, and rear sight... Or you can adjust the weight and sight radius as needed to suit the shooter.

I am still trying to get used to the grip and will probably buy a different grip as the Pardini grip just feels awkward compared to a Morini grip of my LP201. Trigger is fantastic and I just received my 232bar adapter for my 300din tanks so I can now shoot pellets so can report on accuracy at a later date.
kanedal

Post by kanedal »

MFR wrote:

Lars

Lars,

//MFR
Don`t know the speed, but i would think it is in the same range as the "grown up" models.
Have not tested it in a rest, but if i get the time and opportunity i will do so. Not sure about the number of shots, we usually just fill them in between shooting. Will se if i can get a number out of the two we have.

Lars
MFR

Post by MFR »

kanedal wrote:
MFR wrote:

Lars

Lars,

//MFR
Don`t know the speed, but i would think it is in the same range as the "grown up" models.
Have not tested it in a rest, but if i get the time and opportunity i will do so. Not sure about the number of shots, we usually just fill them in between shooting. Will se if i can get a number out of the two we have.

Lars

Ok, would be very nice if you have the opportunity to test all that.
The reason I don't shoot much air pistol is because I think traditional air pistols is to much muzzle heavy.
I like the balance of 25m guns much better.

But with this one, only 700gr, I might take it up again.

What I will do then, is to put extra weights on the back of the pistol, to get the balance and feeling of a 25m gun.

//MFR
milevsport

Pardini K10 and KID

Post by milevsport »

There is the K10 Junior version, which has shorter barrel and shorter air cylinder. It is lighter and with rear balance. The latter can be adjusted with barrel weights, of course.
If even lighter pistol is required, KID can be the way to go. It can be supplied with all the perks K10 has (adjustable ergonomic grip, compensator, etc.). The frame of both guns is the same and all other parts are interchangeable. The speed of the pellet is also the same, around 160 m/s. It will vary slightly based on the pellet caliber (4.48 is faster than 4.51). Both pistols have 5 screws, providing for really wide range of trigger adjustments.
Check http://www.pardiniguns.com/store/produc ... ssbvbe8q53 for the K10 Junior.
Good Luck
MFR

Re: Pardini K10 and KID

Post by MFR »

milevsport wrote:There is the K10 Junior version, which has shorter barrel and shorter air cylinder. It is lighter and with rear balance. The latter can be adjusted with barrel weights, of course.
If even lighter pistol is required, KID can be the way to go. It can be supplied with all the perks K10 has (adjustable ergonomic grip, compensator, etc.). The frame of both guns is the same and all other parts are interchangeable. The speed of the pellet is also the same, around 160 m/s. It will vary slightly based on the pellet caliber (4.48 is faster than 4.51). Both pistols have 5 screws, providing for really wide range of trigger adjustments.
Check http://www.pardiniguns.com/store/produc ... ssbvbe8q53 for the K10 Junior.
Good Luck

Do you say that the Kid model also have abou 160m/s Vo? What about the cylinder capacity, how many shoots will that provide?

I'm also wondering if the lack of a compensator will reduce the accuracy much?

For me the grip is no problem, because I will make my own grip anyway. What I'm looking for is a really light weihgt air pistol, so I can get a similar "standard pistol felling" by putting rear weights insted.

//MFR
peterz

Post by peterz »

Feinwerkbau also has a new small pistol, the P-11 Piccolo in the same size class and with an ambidextrous grip. As with the KID, it can be upgraded to roughly the equivalent of a P-44 or P-44 short. I've no idea how it shoots.
Sc0

Post by Sc0 »

If you can find a well stocked dealer to your location I suppose he can configure a pistol to your liking prior to purchase?

K10JR with KID air cylinder? (can be made lighter with a KID front sight)
K10 with a KID or JR air cylinder?
MFR

Post by MFR »

peterz wrote:Feinwerkbau also has a new small pistol, the P-11 Piccolo in the same size class and with an ambidextrous grip. As with the KID, it can be upgraded to roughly the equivalent of a P-44 or P-44 short. I've no idea how it shoots.
According to www.feinwerkbau.de the P-11 Piccolo cylinder will last 85 shots for a 200 bar filled cylinder. Accordring to the pictures the cylinder length must be about 110mm.
Looks very intresting if you are looking for an air pistol to be individual balanced.It's also about 5 cm shorter than the pardini.
(also barrel and sight radius is about 5 cm shorter). And it comes with a compensator.

Here is a brief demo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTZuCbHNDtM

//MFR
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Another good option to look at would be the Steyr LP2 compact...
MFR

Post by MFR »

kevinweiho wrote:Another good option to look at would be the Steyr LP2 compact...
Would it be possible to rebuild an old Styer LP10 to a "LP2 compact"? Does anyone know about a European based webshop that sells these parts?

//MFR
peterz

Post by peterz »

Why would you do an LP-2 compact? You can buy a new shroud, barrel and tank and convert it to an LP-10 compact. Indeed, you get a lot of the advantages and much lower cost just by getting the compact air tank. It brings the balance point further back and lightens the pistol significantly.

I'm biased; that's what I did.
MFR

Post by MFR »

peterz wrote:Why would you do an LP-2 compact? You can buy a new shroud, barrel and tank and convert it to an LP-10 compact. Indeed, you get a lot of the advantages and much lower cost just by getting the compact air tank. It brings the balance point further back and lightens the pistol significantly.

I'm biased; that's what I did.
Yes, that's true.......I've already have an short Anschutz cylinder to my LP10 :) But I wan't it even more muzzle lighter, so If just could get a shorter barrel. Maybee a barrel from an old scraped CO2 will work?
peterz

Post by peterz »

Talk to Steyr in the morning. I'm 95% sure you can buy a compact barrel and shroud to fit the LP-10.
MFR

Post by MFR »

peterz wrote:Talk to Steyr in the morning. I'm 95% sure you can buy a compact barrel and shroud to fit the LP-10.
The attachment is a little bit different, so I bether ask them if they also can do the adjustments.
http://www.euroshooting.eu/soubory/Steyr-Varga-2010.pdf

Alternative is just to cut the original barrel, and plug the recoil piercings with short screws.
Finally recrown with some hand tools
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b43odFm0mrI
peterz

Post by peterz »

MFR,

you are looking at a parts list for the LP-2 Compact. Check out the LP-10 Compact.

One of the Steyr service videos even shows changing out the two barrels.

..pz