Ham. 280 vs Ham.-Sig P240 vs Ham. SP20 vs Walther GSP vs Oth

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

CowsEarShooter

Ham. 280 vs Ham.-Sig P240 vs Ham. SP20 vs Walther GSP vs Oth

Post by CowsEarShooter »

I wish this thread was about a serious comparison which I undertook of all of those weapons...but it's not.

I have had only limited exposure to these fine weapons and am seriously considering acquiring one. So, which bear is best? Are there any serious technical advantages between the 240 and the 280, noting the magazine placement and so forth. I understand that the later 280s and the SP20s are fairly comparable--are there significant benefits to the SP20--what about the RRS?

I am shooting a Marvel 22 conversion and a S&W 25-2 at the moment. The Revolver does pretty well with 155 LSWC at modest velocity, so the attraction of a strictly 38 wad gun for CF is not as attractive unless it's crazy accurate. On the other hand, a P240 with all three uppers would be worth looking at, especially as I have a pile of 38 148 HBWC on hand.

I suppose what I'm looking for is a condensed intro to the merits of each and recommendations for a reasonably competent shooter to undertake a major investment. I've worn out my welcome with the EIC matches so it's time for me to start taking 2700s and international more seriously.

I'd appreciate any input. Also, I am willing to accept PM solicitations for trade/sale.
tuj

Post by tuj »

Lots of the top bullseye shooters like the Pardini's. They have the advantage in the newest versions of an electronic trigger so you can dry-fire the gun all day long.