Feinwerkbau 65 value???

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
hawkeye10

Feinwerkbau 65 value???

Post by hawkeye10 »

Several years ago I shot air pistol competition and bought a FWB 65. I was the latest and greatest. Now my hand shake and I can't shoot competition any more so I would like to sell it. It comes with the box and every thing as new "I think". It is also in good condition. So what do you guys think it's worth? Don

PS It does have left handed grips.
Brian G

Post by Brian G »

One just sold on Stirton (UK) for £120.00.

http://forum.stirton.com/index.php/topi ... -for-sale/
upsdoc

Post by upsdoc »

I paid $395 for one in nice condition a few months ago.
upsdoc

Post by upsdoc »

I paid $395 for one in nice condition a few months ago.
twang

mode l65

Post by twang »

E120 -thats a little over $190 but I never saw one here for that price.I have seen them for around $375 and as High as $600. It all has to do with condition. You would have to take some nice pics to show it is worth the price you want.
I had a couple and the model 80,
I'm 71 but I did a lot of pistol shooting in the basement at 10Meters.
I got to the point where I could hit several in a row in the bull but not dead center-only occasionaly. I gave up and stayed with the rifle.
I just bought a FWB 100 from pilkguns who told me it is dead on shooting 575 fps.
Thats a lot more than the model 65.If I don't do well with it I will sell it and stick with the rifles from now on.
If your gun is in good shape you can get a decent price for it but remember the economy is hurting a lot of people right now.
hawkeye10

Re: mode l65

Post by hawkeye10 »

twang wrote:E120 -thats a little over $190 but I never saw one here for that price.I have seen them for around $375 and as High as $600. It all has to do with condition. You would have to take some nice pics to show it is worth the price you want.
I had a couple and the model 80,
I'm 71 but I did a lot of pistol shooting in the basement at 10Meters.
I got to the point where I could hit several in a row in the bull but not dead center-only occasionaly. I gave up and stayed with the rifle.
I just bought a FWB 100 from pilkguns who told me it is dead on shooting 575 fps.
Thats a lot more than the model 65.If I don't do well with it I will sell it and stick with the rifles from now on.
If your gun is in good shape you can get a decent price for it but remember the economy is hurting a lot of people right now.
Thanks for the post. I know the economy is down but if I can't get a fair price for it I will let it set in the safe where it's been for along time. I am 69 and my hand shakes so that I can't shoot any type of handgun. In the early 80's I shot bullseye in Nashville and in the winter I would shoot air pistol for fun and practice. Don
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Maybe $400-$500, it's a lefty so your market size is dramatically smaller than a right handed pistol ( unless you have both grips) so it might be harder to move.
hawkeye10

Post by hawkeye10 »

Richard H wrote:Maybe $400-$500, it's a lefty so your market size is dramatically smaller than a right handed pistol ( unless you have both grips) so it might be harder to move.

What you say is true it does reduce the market size, but it's harder for us lefties to find used grips, holsters, and such. Ask me how I know. LOL Don
Misny

Post by Misny »

I'd say that $450 would be a reasonable price if the condition is as new. Besides the economic conditions, another thing to consider is if it might need rebuilding. If it needs a rebuild, it probably would cost around $150 to have that done. The white plastic parts tend to deteriorate and crumble over the years. The older white breech seals usually need replacing ($25) even if everything else is fine. The market for left-hand gripped air pistols is quite small. Replacement right-hand grips are expensive.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Nobody in his right mind is going to buy a 65 nowadays - you can get a used CA pistol for not very much money, several generations younger than the old FWB...
Misny

Post by Misny »

Here in the U.S. air gun shooting doesn't draw the number of participants as in Europe. Finding a local range dedicated to air guns is very, very rare in the U.S. We don't have a lot of truly serious Olympic hopefuls who compete in our area. Our air gun pistol matches are used by many as an introduction to the shooting sports by juniors and women. We also have a lot of cross-over NRA Bullseye Pistol Shooters who want to improve their slow fire scores. Many shooters here are reluctant to spend a grand on an air pistol when one costing half that will do what they want. At least half of our regulars use SSP pistols. Many of our competitors use the IZH-46's. The FWB's are similar in price and easily repaired/rebuilt. They are a great gun for the price. The FWB 65's also make great loaners for those who want to give the sport a try. I loaned one out yesterday and the person selected it over a Morini 162EI.
Jenady

Post by Jenady »

Tycho wrote:Nobody in his right mind is going to buy a 65 nowadays - you can get a used CA pistol for not very much money, several generations younger than the old FWB...
Unless you have a nostalgic interest in one. I would love to pick one up just because my first good air pistol was a 65.
David M

Post by David M »

In Australia a FWB goes for $200-$300, but most of them will cost you that much again to re-spring and re-seal them to bring them back up to velocity.
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

David,
Is anyone still working on these things. Our club has three as club guns and two gunsmiths tell us they no longer work on the FWB 65 and 85 because they cannot source springs, seals etc.
Can you tell me anywhere in Oz that handles them still??
Colin
Gnr527

Post by Gnr527 »

These people are very helpful and reasonably priced

http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/shop/E ... EINWERKBAU

and look up Mark Cones articles on overhauling FWB pistols

John
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

ColinC wrote:David,
Is anyone still working on these things. Our club has three as club guns and two gunsmiths tell us they no longer work on the FWB 65 and 85 because they cannot source springs, seals etc.
Can you tell me anywhere in Oz that handles them still??
Colin
You can download the FWB 65 exploded diagram and order the parts directly from Feinwerkbau... www.feinwerkbau.de/

It only took about ten days for the parts to arrive and I live in Costa Rica, Central America!

You can expect excellent aftermarket service from the germans.

Kevin