Air Pistol Repeaters; Rule Book

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
coker

Air Pistol Repeaters; Rule Book

Post by coker »

Hi all,

I can't quote the ISSF rule book for 10m air pistol , but as I remember the rule is to load one pellet at a time. With the advent and popularity of repeaters such as the Steyr LP50, does anyone have had any experience in that regard.
Did the rule book changed, or the match officials are allowing the competitors with repeaters to load fully load their pistol magazines and ask not to do rapid fire type shooting, so to distract others.

anyways, I do not remember if the rule is "load one pellet at a time in the chamber" or not. or something like that,

thanks all
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

I believe the rule still stands. There is a single shot adapter (basically a "magazine" with only one hole) available for the Steyr LP50 for that reason.
Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Most definitely
6.2.2.4.1 Even if a Rifle or a 50m Pistol has a magazine, only one cartridge may be loaded. If a 5-shot air pistol is used in the 10m Air Pistol Event(s) only one pellet may be loaded.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

I would suggest using the one shot adapter at least with the Steyr LP50. Trying to load one pellet at a time with the five shot magazine is a PITA. In addition you are setting yourself up for shooting on a empty chamber accidentally and losing ten points.
mika

Post by mika »

Btw, what's the reasoning behind the "no repeaters" rule? At least the safety questions have been solved adequately in other pistol disciplines.

Mika
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

I think the intent was "equality" - the rule is the same for AP and 50metre. In either event single loading is mandated. The pistol type of action is not.

Dr J