SCATT Question: Calibration

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

bluetentacle

SCATT Question: Calibration

Post by bluetentacle »

Dear all,

When calibrating SCATT (Adjust Sensor screen), do I have to place the dot in the center circle? With my current setup, the dot always ends up just outside the center circle at the 8 o'clock position. Thanks.
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

Anywhere inside the center circle. If falling outside this circle, you may have to readjust the placement of the sensor. Make sure it is not placed on a beveled section of the barrel.

Dennis
RobStubbs

Re: SCATT Question: Calibration

Post by RobStubbs »

bluetentacle wrote:Dear all,

When calibrating SCATT (Adjust Sensor screen), do I have to place the dot in the center circle? With my current setup, the dot always ends up just outside the center circle at the 8 o'clock position. Thanks.
I think that depends on what scatt you're using. Scatt USB will automatically calibrate from wherever it points. Older models need to be manually 'tuned in' using the screws on the sensor. I never worry about getting the latter exactly right (it's too fiddly) and more importantly it doesn't seem to matter. I get the shots somewhere near the middle then move the point of impact of the shots in the sighting series, double check and then start the match to record the shots.

Rob.
guidolastra

Post by guidolastra »

I have one of the older scatts, and it is real pain to calibrate it every time I detach it from the barrell or I switch from air to small bore practice. It usually takes me about 5-10 minutes playing with the screws. Once you are anywehere inside the circle, then you can just use your mouse to center it before starting...