FWB P44 vs LP10 electronic vs Morini 162E

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scottyo

FWB P44 vs LP10 electronic vs Morini 162E

Post by scottyo »

Does anyone have any really good or bad feedback about these three pistols. Seems that most people are shooting the Steyr but I would like to hear some other opinions.
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

I've been shooting my 162e for well over ten years now.and have nothing but good things to say about it. Before we lost Wolf Creek, I used to shoot the PTO's there, about once a month, FP, AP, SP, and CF, and my 10M scores had risen to the 540's with it, getting an invitation to the Nationals. I'll be 72 in Dec., no spring chicken. Make sure you get one that uses the AA cells, the VX74's are getting difficult to come by.

Paul
Sc0

Post by Sc0 »

While researching around I have "read" that...

The E-Morini has a FANTASTIC trigger, but a little bit more recoil than most other pistols...

I am ordering a Pardini K10 before the end of this month, it doesn't have a recoil stabilizer though it does have the ventilated barrel. (Pardini USA has free S&H for September) It's a few hundred less than the LP10 but priced around the 162ea/i, P44, LP2, LG300/LG400. While more expensive than the AP40 and Kite. I hope parts won't be an issue later on down the road, a problem with my Walther LP201.

The Steyr is the easiest to shoot accurately, a good trigger, about zero-recoil which is very forgiveable and makes it easier to shoot. Some say that they do not like the grip or the balance but nobody said that their scores dropped after they started shooting the LP10.
Freepistol

Post by Freepistol »

I have a Morini 162E short with a set of weights that I positioned toward the muzzle. When I shoot it, the front sight only vibrates. I don't see any recoil.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't see that recoil is a factor with ANY competitive air pistol. Put that item right at the very bottom of any list of desirable qualities in your choice. Fit and trigger are FAR more important.
j-team

Post by j-team »

I currently have a Pardini K10. Prior to that I've had both Steyr LP10 and Morini 162ei.

I like the Pardini but have it really only bacause I got bored with my LP10 (I had it 9 years). I only lasted 6 months with the Morini as I simply couldn't stand the muzzle flip. I probably noticed it more because I had shot the LP10 for so long. With the Steyr, when you fire a good shot, there is absolutely no movement, the feedback that you get is outstanding. I think that if you just started with the Morini you wouldn't notice it.

There are about 10 very good air pistols on the market at the moment, none of which would hold you back as a shooter.
JoeG

Pistol Choices.....

Post by JoeG »

Having either owned or shot extensively all of the first mentioned three I would also mention that the FWB P44 (and P34) is very much like the LP10 in it's lack of any felt recoil, basically dead in your hand. I agree with Rover though that this is not the most important trait to consider but it still is nice if all else is good. The P44 does sit slightly higher in the hand than the Steyr but I still like it very much. It and my LP1 are still my main two shooters out of a number of match pistols I have. The Morini electronic trigger is very good but I have both the LP1 and P44 tweaked to equal satisfaction for me. I have not shot an electronic trigger Steyr but I would not expect any major differences.
Attachments
Feinwerkbau P44 - medium.JPG
Last edited by JoeG on Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jbshooter

Post by jbshooter »

Back to the topic - the felt recoil with the Mroini 162EI is substantially reduced if you use the lighter high-speed pellets eg H&N.
v76

Post by v76 »

I've seen a few posts mentioning muzzle flip, recoil, etc. on the CM162ei... and I thought all of it was true until I trained a little more/better. No movement at all when my technique is perfect - once in a while, of course.

I think it's more of a symptom of bad technique rather than its inherent technical qualities. I wouldn't say the Steyr is more forgiving, it just doesn't move, even when you're NOT doing your part. Gotta work harder with the Morini... and I actually prefer the feedback it gives me over the LP10.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

v76 wrote:I've seen a few posts mentioning muzzle flip, recoil, etc. on the CM162ei... and I thought all of it was true until I trained a little more/better. No movement at all when my technique is perfect - once in a while, of course.

I think it's more of a symptom of bad technique rather than its inherent technical qualities. I wouldn't say the is more forgiving, it just doesn't move, even when you're NOT doing your part. Gotta work harder with the Morini... and I actually prefer the feedback it gives me over the LP10.
Me too.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I have to go along with the two previous posts.

I tried a gun with and without a muzzle break and saw absolutely no difference. I am convinced that when I see movement at the shot break that it is NOT the gun.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

The point about the muzzle breaks is not to reduce muzzle flip, but to separate the gas from the bullet, which should bring about better groups. To reduce muzzle flip, port the barrel or get an AP with an absorber.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I see no difference in group sizes between "braked" and "unbraked" guns.

Do you?

Also, it appears to me that they are designed to reduce muzzle rise...kind of pointless since the pellet has already left the barrel.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

I own a steyr lp10, tested with and without the conic element of the compensator (so compensator port unactive), clearly feel and see the difference of the muzzle flip.