Anschutz 1807 Repeater?

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

JasonM

Anschutz 1807 Repeater?

Post by JasonM »

I was searching for some specifications on various Anschutz rifles today and ran across this listing of an Anschutz 1807 repeater. I didn't even know they made a repeater version of the 1807 and have definitely never seen one in person. Anyone have more info about these? I might have to track one down to make a dual-purpose prone and silhouette rifle (with different stocks, of course).

http://www.icollector.com/Anschutz-Mode ... s_i9386283
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

A couple have popped up on another forum in the last few months. I'd never heard of any before this. I have wondered why Anschutz would make a UIT Standard repeater. It's possible it was intended as a basic Biathlon model, or maybe as a trainer for CISM 300M events.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Has anyone actually seen one?

It does seem strange that Anschutz should use the same model number as a rifle without a magazine.

Is it possible that it was just a mistake in the advert and that advert has appeared in several places. I note that the one in the advert linked in the original post was actually sold in April last year.
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

David,

I've only seen photos. However in both cases everything appeared to be factory. Yes, a competent gunsmith could machine the receiver for a magazine, and replace the bolt with one from a M54 sporter. But these definitely had Target series bolts. Both had normal xx07 profile barrels, rather than the lighter profile used for M54 Silhouette rifles.

Anschutz Match 54 sporters have a different SN system, so I don't doubt that these are factory produced.

I think these are just a very, very rare item.

Anschutz model numbers border on Byzantine!
JasonM

Post by JasonM »

David Levene wrote:Has anyone actually seen one?

It does seem strange that Anschutz should use the same model number as a rifle without a magazine.

Is it possible that it was just a mistake in the advert and that advert has appeared in several places. I note that the one in the advert linked in the original post was actually sold in April last year.
Looking at the picture, it does indeed look like an 1807 other than the red bottom of the magazine that is clearly showing there. I'd like to have one in hand. I'd probably buy it if I had the chance. :)
TerryKuz

Post by TerryKuz »

JasonM wrote:

Looking at the picture, it does indeed look like an 1807 other than the red bottom of the magazine that is clearly showing there. I'd like to have one in hand. I'd probably buy it if I had the chance. :)
It would probably be much easier to but a 54MSR action and cut a magazine opening in a 1907 stock. Or you could just put a rail and adjustable cheek on the 54MSR. I have 3 54MS rifles, and all three have different barrels. Anschutz has had at least 3 different barrel contours on the 1710/12 also. Over the years they have made a bunch of different versions of many models.
red930turbo

Post by red930turbo »

I have one. I got it from the RIA auction. Bid $1,000 + buyer's premium + shipping = ~$1,200. In origiinal box with papers, warranty, test target, etc.
Jason

Post by Jason »

Up here in Canada, our Air/Army/Sea Cadet program uses a lot of 1807 repeater rifles for biathlon. There are more repeater 64 action rifles, but the 54 action rifles are quite common, too.

Jason