optical aids

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
keith

optical aids

Post by keith »

I need some help....I shoot Bullseye and Air Pistol as a hobby and enjoy it alot ....work scheudle doesnt permit me to shoot leagues ....I need to use a blinder and a aperture for best sight picture....Ive been useing a home made set but now wish to by something of better quailty.....I can get either the merit adjustable with the suction cup or the AHG adjustable which is basicly a blinder with a merit built in.....both of these will allow me to use a set of prescrition shop glasses full time for shooting glasses and they have bifoacals so scoreing targets and such will be aided as well.....anyone have any experience with either of these two products? As I'm not a registored Bullseye shooter and a Air pistol competitor I cant justify the cost of " real " shooting glasses like knoblocks etc..... thx keith
pgfaini

Post by pgfaini »

Keith, I've been using an iris diaphragm for many, years due to vision changes related to diabetes. After trying the Merit, and several others, I finally settled on the Gehmann. It's head and shoulders above the rest, clips on to the eyeglass frame, adjusts to center the aperture over the pupil, has an excellent, multi-leaf iris system, that adjust easily while shooting, and flips up. I use it whenever I'm not using my Champion shooting glasses, (which have an iris diaphragm of equal quality). It's available at Champion's Choice and other target shooting suppliers for about $75.

Paul
keith

Post by keith »

hey thanks Paul.....I am fimilar with the Gehmann also .Its of the same design as the AHG....I was leaning that way as I like the way they clip on-to the glasses instead of the suction cup deal......
Rover

Post by Rover »

For a blinder just put a piece of matte Scotch tape on the inside of your glasses for the non-aiming eye. Peel off when finished.
paw080

Post by paw080 »

Rover wrote:For a blinder just put a piece of matte Scotch tape on the inside of your glasses for the non-aiming eye. Peel off when finished.
Hi Rover, Who needs a blinder? I shoot with both eyes open. Speaking of
being cheap, I have drawn a black circle on the inside of my prescription
glasses since 1972. It's when I first noticed other bullseye competitors
using the Merit stick-on iris.

If the original poster wants to spend a bit of money on his problem, he can
buy the Vargas frames, lens and iris from our host, I bought one, it works
great, but I gave it to my son and will buy another Vargas set soon.
In the meantime, I'm still drawing a cirlcle on my glasses lens.....
I like your way of dealing with shooting issues, simplifying the solutions.

Tony