Ammo?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

keith

Ammo?

Post by keith »

Althought I'm just a hobbiest ,I still like to shoot well when I make it to the range and I dont use high dallor .22 ammo as I dont feel my shooting would justify it (85-90 slow fire) I mainly use CCI standard , Eley Sport, and resently Aquila SE standard. The shop I freqent always has the Aquila on the shelf and I did shoot a 90 slow fire with it last wkend......Is this stuff worth useing or should I find another alternative ? I know every pistol is different but I'm just lookin for a idea of quality and your past expereince with it...........thx .........Keith
Sled_Dog

Post by Sled_Dog »

CCI std or Wolf are my cheaper go to ammo for accuracy. If I'm just trying to get some rounds downrange then Federal bulk is alright as well, but not nearly as consistent. I found Aquila to be dirty.
keith

Post by keith »

I didnt think it was to bad dirt wise , Eley Sport is about the same way.....what I did notice is that seems to be of a lower powder charge when compared to the CCI......noticeable difference in recoil ..not that a .22 recoils but it sure didnt feel as snappy as the cci.....I did get a whole brick and since it seems to shot I'll use it up and Hope they get some CCI standard back in befrore I run out 3-4 weeks from now...
davekp

Ammo

Post by davekp »

In my Pardini, in a Ransom rest at 50 yds, CCI standard, Aguila std vel, and Aguila match are all about the same- about 1 1/4". Eley Tenex is better- 3/4". All were 10 shots.
TonyT

Post by TonyT »

keith,
When I tested CCI SV, Aquilla SE, Wolf Match Target and Wolf Match Extra the only difference was with the Wolf Match Extra which gave slightly smaller 10 shot groups.. Since my average score was 835 out of 900 I did not believe it would make any difference in my scores. Mu Pardini SP preferred the Wolf Match Target for reliability and I purchased 5 cases of it at the time for $225 per case. My gun would not run reliably with CCI SV. My older Walther GSP ate any aamo which it was fed but I preferred less weight up front.
Tony
johny_r

Post by johny_r »

I sugges Eley Club or Lapua (SK) Standard plus. Both great cartridges (particularly Lapua) and not expensive. I suggest choosing from the brands that professionals use (they know why). Federal or Aquila are not good cartridges (from what I've heard). I've also shot CCI and S&B and they are dirty.
marvelshooter

Post by marvelshooter »

I am on my second case of Aguila SE and the only trouble I had was some extra lube on some rounds in the first case. Shoots great in my Marvel. I did have to go to a lighter recoil spring because it is lighter than say CCI but very consistent and very accurate.
keith

Post by keith »

well looks like for the most part you guys like the Aquila SE .....cool .....and someone mentioned SK standard as well which my toy story has on the shelf most of the time to......
gulliver62

CCI

Post by gulliver62 »

I don't think you will be disappointed with CCI SV or Aguila accuracy. Go for reliability at this point.

Once you start consistently shooting to the mid-90's at 50yd, you might consider other ammo but even then......not sure if it's worth it.

My M41's pretty much only eat CCISV. The Aguila seems to have some slight variations in the brass diameter (some get stuck in the tight chamber of the Buly & Clark barrels) where the CCI does not.
TonyT

Re: CCI

Post by TonyT »

gulliver62 wrote:I don't think you will be disappointed with CCI SV or Aguila accuracy. Go for reliability at this point.

Once you start consistently shooting to the mid-90's at 50yd, you might consider other ammo but even then......not sure if it's worth it.

My M41's pretty much only eat CCISV. The Aguila seems to have some slight variations in the brass diameter (some get stuck in the tight chamber of the Buly & Clark barrels) where the CCI does not.
A fellow shooter who shoots in the mid 90's says the difference is not worth the cost. He owns the gun shop so the ammo cost is of no consequence to him.
USMC0802

Post by USMC0802 »

My supplier only deals in international rifle and pistols and the stuff to go with them. He only sells RWS and Eley. He has also told me it doesn't make a difference in pistol as long as it feeds well (which for my sport is the most important when you consider the size of the bull). He will sell me anything he has and know I will pay for it if it helps but has sold me on the Eley Target which is in the $6 a box price range. I have been very happy with it thus far. I have some eley match, RWS 50 and lots of tenex but havent tried it yet because I am happy with the Target in my pistol. I have shot some Eley club but it is very dirty and has some flash or powder sparks that are real noticeable. I believe this stuff is similar or the same as Aguilla eley primed. I think they are both made in Mexico. I did just buy some of the Aguilla to put through my Sigs and Kimber .22 but will stick to the higher end stuff for the Morini. Always interested in reading what others are using and what results they are getting
corpman

Ammo?

Post by corpman »

Afternoon, I am not new to this site. By bench-testing small lots of even the same brand of ammo or different brands, at the longest distance you intend to shoot your 22 ammo, you can determine the best ammo for your bullseye 22 pistol.