sights/Iron,Red dot, or Halo

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

firefirst

sights/Iron,Red dot, or Halo

Post by firefirst »

OK 50 + years here can still see sights but left eye/right hand bad right eye but can see red dot with right eye!!! Can see Iron sights good to glass, with my left eye, Just one thing I can shoot around low 70's at 25 yards with Iron sights would red dot help if just 4 or 5 points that's not enough for me to change but if more then I will any help thanks P.S or a 2/7 pistol scope?? would that work
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think a Red Dot would really help. You only have to look at one thing; the target. Just let the dot wander around until the gun goes off.

The only thing I use a Red Dot for is .22 Bullseye. It does make life easier.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I recently bought a 5" Clark barrel and a Dave Salyer red dot sight for my Model 41 from a forum member here. I don't shoot competitively, but I have trouble seeing the front sight with my regular eyeglasses so I thought I'd try something new. I set up a target at 10M at the local indoor range and promptly shot two 5-shot groups that could each be covered by a quarter. (Frankly, that's a lot better than I can shoot - I think the gun was just showing off ...)

But the red dot and the target are both at optical infinity and there is no focusing problem lining them up.

Roger