Izh35 jamming every magazine.

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
LukeP

Izh35 jamming every magazine.

Post by LukeP »

Sadly story, my izh35 start jamming every magazine every 2-3 round, the cartridge stuck between magazine lips and bottom barrel hole.
Before function perfectly, in 50 rounds or so start with this jamming. Cleaning didn't resolve. Firing pin is not broken,
magazine as usually.
Where to look?
Thanks,
LukeP.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

seems like elevator pad don't push in the right angle the 1st and 2nd cartridge, while work quite fine on 4th and 5.
paulo

Post by paulo »

I once dropped a magazine, and the front top guides got bent, which caused jamming.
wu_dot_com

Re: Izh35 jamming every magazine.

Post by wu_dot_com »

LukeP wrote:Sadly story, my izh35 start jamming every magazine every 2-3 round, the cartridge stuck between magazine lips and bottom barrel hole.
Before function perfectly, in 50 rounds or so start with this jamming. Cleaning didn't resolve. Firing pin is not broken,
magazine as usually.
Where to look?
Thanks,
LukeP.
though i ever own a IZH35, typical gun experience tells me that it have something to do with the magazine spring. i think the symptom is that the bullet end of the mag follower does not provide enough lift so the noise of the bullet can glide along the feed ramp.

i will recommend you to disassemble your magazine and clean it. when its clean, manually cycle the cartridge to see if it solve the problem.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

I'm not able to dissassemble the bottom pad, i pushed out the ping but bottom doesn't came out.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

It takes some force because the pin holes are drilled with the bottom pad in place and a burr formed on the inside of the mag bites into the plastic.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Thanks Makris,
magazine clamped in vice, slammed twice pad come out.
I'll try to reshape the elevator pad with a new piece of derlin to change bullet nose angle and support.
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

The lips on the magazine are the culprits when it comes to bad feeding. If your jams are the result of the bullet being fed too high you might try bending the rear lips inwards a small amount. Bend equally on bothe sides and not too much---sometimes it only takes a very minute adjustment. If the bullet is feeding to low ( jams below the chamber opening) your lips may be too narrow, Open them a bit. Since I believe that you said you had dropped the mags---there is probably the source of your problems. Take a micrometer reading of the width of the lipds on your mags first, then proceed from there. This is similar to the procedure used for Hi-Standard magazines, when they "malfunction." "Doc"
tuj

Post by tuj »

What ammo are you using? Is there any slop in the magazine seating in the well? It should be tight in the magwell and shouldn't have much play up and down. Is the problem happening with all of your magazines?
Tzed250

Post by Tzed250 »

Here is a guide.

Measured all 8 of my good IZH magazines

Kicker lips: Front

Front avg.= .226" middle of kicker lips measurement. There is a slight taper from the front part, measuring from .223-.225", lowest measurement (near bullet tip) to .226-.229" near the center of the magazine.

Feed lips: Rear

Rear avg. = .190" middle of lip measurement.

Fairly straight, no real taper

This was done free-hand with a dial caliper.

Carlos da Silva
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Thanks to all,
two magazines developed the same malfunction (i haven't other magazine to test because here in Italy this pistol is not diffused).
Magazines not dropped, start malfunction rarely in 100 rounds, and every series on the next 100 rounds.
-> the bullet is feeding to low ( jams below the chamber opening).

Thanks carlos, I'll check tomorrow magazine's lips.

One magazine i dissassembled and i'll try make another elevator pad with a more upright angle for the first bullet nose.
Magazine are rock solid with the pistol, using Sk Standard Plus more than 1000 rounds without any kind of problem.
j-team

Post by j-team »

I remember when I had an IZH35 both of my magazines developed grooves in the follower at the back where the rim of the round pressed on it.

If this is the case it can catch the rim as the slide is trying to push the round forward and cause it to nosedive.
tuj

Post by tuj »

You might try some of the Wolf MT ammo as it contains a lot of lube and see if there is any binding issues with the rounds feeding. I had a similar problem until my magazines were lubed.
LukeP

Post by LukeP »

Thanks to all folks!
First to Carlos: checked magazine lips same measure as yours.

Made a new elevator pad (made of derlin) with more upright angle to push 1st and 2nd bullet nose, little adjustment needed to feed the 5th cartridge, but function well.
I'll detail with pics when i'll make the second elevator for the other magazine.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Sometimes the magazines sit too low.
I made a new magazine catch to cure this.
gfrad

Izh35 jamming every magazine problem solved

Post by gfrad »

I changed my magazine spring and recoil spring( wolf springs ) and had no jams since than
gfrad

Izh35 jamming every magazine problem solved

Post by gfrad »

I changed my magazine spring and recoil spring( wolf springs ) and had no jams since than
LukeP

Re: Izh35 jamming every magazine problem solved

Post by LukeP »

gfrad wrote:I changed my magazine spring and recoil spring( wolf springs ) and had no jams since than
Both of them from Wolf?
gfrad

izh35 jams

Post by gfrad »

coorect both from wolf spring
gfrad

izh35 jams

Post by gfrad »

coorect both from wolf spring