Morini 22lr M pistol

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
trevorw

Morini 22lr M pistol

Post by trevorw »

Hi

Coming back to the sport after a 20 odd year hiatus and are interested in purchasing a Morini 22lr pistol need some feedback

reagrding either new or second hand pistol

Thank you
ammagad

Post by ammagad »

i love mine.

i had a pardini but the frame cracked on that one so i bought a morini.
i will never go back to pardini again.

my morini eats all kinds of ammo, with almost no problem.
no need to clean it after each training, i clean mine after about 1000 rounds, (not because i have to, it does not malfunction)
my results went up after i got my morini.

i bought mine new, i know that some of the old ones does not function all the time;)

i say go ahead and get yourself a morini.
Spencer

Re: Morini 22lr M pistol

Post by Spencer »

trevorw wrote:Hi

Coming back to the sport after a 20 odd year hiatus and are interested in purchasing a Morini 22lr pistol need some feedback

reagrding either new or second hand pistol

Thank you
is that for 25m or 50m?
J.Hoes

Post by J.Hoes »

I came from an Unique DES69 (company unfortunately out of business since early 2000's) and bought a new CM22M in 2004.
It took some time to get used to the different rake angle, and to find out how to make the pistol reliable feeding, such as carefully stacking ammo into the magazine, and keep the magazine's internal clean.
My copy has the heavier slide, but cycles fast enough to shoot ISSF Rapid Fire.
Main diet is CCI Standard Velocity, which works well. On RWS Target Rifle cycling is not reliable.
My gun dealer stocked Morini and Pardini (pistols and parts), and could show me different LH grips, which is for a lefty like me quite unusual. Final decision was made on the looks: Morini definitely looks better.

Greetings Hans.
Last edited by J.Hoes on Thu May 26, 2011 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

thanks for the feedback
madmax

Post by madmax »

Hi Trevor
Good to see another oldie returning to the fold!!
Not sure how old, or how fit you are, but here's my little bit.

I'm a mature aged shooter who returned after a long lay-off. I purchased a Benelli MP90s and a Steyr LP10 (as well as other pistols). I mention these 2, because although they are both excellent pistols, I could not shoot well with them. After a few years of perseverance, I found that the problem was that they are both front heavy, and I couldn't adapt to them.

I have recently changed to a Pardini SP and a Morini 162E, and my groups have become smaller and my scores have become consistently higher.

During this purchasing process, I was given the opportunity to try the Morini CM22RF. A beautiful piece of equipment, and it handled extremely well. However, I found that it was too light in the front end. The Pardini was somewhere between the Benelli and the Morini, so that's where I went.

Try everything you can get your hands on, because in the end, it's not how good it looks - but how well you can handle it.

Hope this helps with your decision.
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

I'm currently shooting a club pistol, Beretta 76,which in fact was my first pistol I had 20 odd years ago, at the last club Mandar shoot I shot 400 out of a possible 480 with it and this was only my second live shoot after returning to the fold

I'm in my mid 50's and relatively fit from playing soccer

I believe the Morini RF comes with weights (although these can be added to the M as an optional extra) and has a few techincial differences over the M, the price difference is only around $100

The reason I was leaning towards the Morini is that the mag will take 6 shots unlike the Pardini and 6 shots are ncessary for the Mandar sessions

The Walther SSP looked good and was the only other gun I researched that would hold a larger capacity Mag but it is a bit pricey as was the Feinwauker 93 although not sure of the mag capacity, also researched the Benelli but again pricey here
brakarzac

Post by brakarzac »

trevorw wrote:The reason I was leaning towards the Morini is that the mag will take 6 shots unlike the Pardini and 6 shots are ncessary for the Mandar sessions
Sorry for sounding ignorant, but what is "Mandar"??? I have been pistol shooting in Australia for almost 20 years and never heard of the match.

As for the Morini, my wife uses one and loves it. Another option would be the Hamemrli SP20 or a good 2nd hand Hammerli 280. Both hold 6 in the magazine, and spare mags arent expensive.

cheers
trevorw

Post by trevorw »

mandar

18 shots at 25m fixed target 3 x 6 shots in 8 seconds per 6 rounds
12 shots at 15m 2 x 6 target turns away for 3 faces 2 seconds 1 round
12 shorts at 10m 2 x 6 target turns 2 rounds in 2 seconds away for 3
6 shots in 5 seconds at 10 meters- target turned away then forward for 5 seconds

Please correct me if my memory is wrong

Cheers