Gamo Airgun Oil in Izh 46 M ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Lindy

Gamo Airgun Oil in Izh 46 M ?

Post by Lindy »

I have just aquired this beautiful gun. I have read a little bit about cleaning, but since I live in Norway it becomes a little bit difficult. I would like to use Crossman pellgun oil, but I can not seem to get it. Neither Amazon.com nor Crosman will send it to Europe. However , I can get Gamo Airgun Oil, and I am not sure if this is good enough. Does anyone know ?
Last edited by Lindy on Fri May 06, 2011 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Go with the GAMO. All the pellet gun dealers have a variety of oils and they are Silicone, which is what you need.

The next time you buy some pellets, have them throw in some oil.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Thank you.

My problem is that in Norway there are not so many serious dealers of air guns. Maybe 5 or 6 in total ( Only 4 mill people ). I have phoned them all, and so far none of them can help me. Midway.no have this Gamo gun oil, so then I will go for it.

My local sports dealer actually have RWS sportskugeln (for Rifle), but they seem to work fine . Now the problem is the man behind the trigger .... perhaps this gun oil will help on the faulty joints on the man as well..
Rover

Post by Rover »

I don't know what they call "hardware stores" in Norway, but they would have a Silicone oil. Auto parts dealers, too. You don't need to go to an airgun dealer.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

The rifle pellets are probably 8.2 grains or heavier. I don't know how that will affect accuracy in a single-stroke pistol. They usually are relatively low velocity to begin with.

Is shipping from the US prohibitively expensive? I noticed that Pyramydair.com claims they will ship anywhere in the world, and they have a broad variety of pellets.

BTW, I also have an Izzy - I enjoy shooting it and it will perform with impressive accuracy. And there is plenty of lumber in the grip so that you can modify it to fit exactly the way you would like.

Good luck!

Roger
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

Gamo oil is good for the exterior surfaces of the Izzy, but i do not recommend using it in compression chamber, since it contains petroleum derivatives and can deteriorate the seals.

I use Dow Corning Molykote grease or FWB grease to lubricate linkages and the compression area.