fast and accurate

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
scerir

fast and accurate

Post by scerir »

How can he be such an 'accurate' (and fast) shooter? He is not focused on the front sight!
See this video, starting from 06.10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thCl_mYIUBE
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

The target is big and close. It's all about the hand movement. Just think when you were a kid with a rock in your hand, you could probably hit stuff that was close without aiming too!
Doc226

Post by Doc226 »

david alaways

fast

Post by david alaways »

The only reason i watched this was i had nothing to do. I was impressed !!! 2 generations of my family performed with Buffalo Bill. I understand trick shots, Ive shot excedern thrown into the air (with a pistol) Like Greg said its all size and DISTANCE.... BUT I will say that the speed of the old guy in the first clip was AWESOME!!! Hittimg 2 targets in less than a tenth second, only one shot sounded, I would bet it was impossible and I only bet to win. He shot twice as fast as the second clip. Whenever I see a trick shot I try to do it, Im not even going to think about trying this one. It was worth watching again.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Fast for sure, but bird shot loads or wax bullets.
david alaways

fast

Post by david alaways »

I wonder! You would think so! Instead of 2 ballons he could have used 2 paper targets like in the eariler shot. If im shooting at ballons or clays I know im going to use birdshot. They set your mindset with the paper targets then switch bullets for the 2 ballons. Shooting the same spot like a can on the ground really fast could be perfected quickly. Put a target up( like a normal gunfight ) and its alittle harder. 2 targets seperated like those ballons and thats getting tough. Using birdshot or wax just makes it fast. I will agree with Greg because of the choice of targets, but would like to know just how accurate this guy could be (like on the second clip)(ballons again so we dont know how good he was either) with 5 paper targets.......Like my grandma would have said " Its all in the showmanship"
scerir

Post by scerir »

Greg Derr wrote:Fast for sure, but bird shot loads or wax bullets.
No wax bullets here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1AKixLXO8
david alaways

Post by david alaways »

Again , How close is he to the target? 10 ft. If you cant hit a nail at 10 ft somethings wrong. Now shot fast at ballons with real bullets. or just fast at more than one paper target and i will be more impressed.
RandomShotz

Post by RandomShotz »

I'm not going to take anything away from Munden - he is obviously an incredible shot.

But I didn't see a cloud of dust where the aspirin was. Maybe the shot just got close enough for the bullet's draft to blow it off the nail.

Hey, I'm just sayin' ...
peterz

Post by peterz »

I would have been more impressed if he had shown some closeups! The aspirin business was not impressive, because he said he would do it without touching the nail.

No idea whether he hit the nail or not, as he didn't show an "after" closeup.

Fast, yes. Accurate, maybe. Well documented claims, no.
scerir

Re: fast and accurate

Post by scerir »

scerir wrote: How can he be such an 'accurate' (and fast) shooter? He is not focused on the front sight!
Well that's not correct. Sometimes he is focused on the sights, i.e. when the target is 100 or 200 yrd away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suaPacb3JYk
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

He may or may not be good.

It makes me womder though how many failures are left on the cutting-room floor: or am I just being cynical.
peterz

Post by peterz »

It makes me womder though how many failures are left on the cutting-room floor
That was my other thought. It's a lot easier when you can edit the tape than it is when you do it in front of witnesses. Note: I am not saying that is what this particular shooter is doing.
Freepistol

Re: fast and accurate

Post by Freepistol »

scerir wrote:
scerir wrote: How can he be such an 'accurate' (and fast) shooter? He is not focused on the front sight!
Well that's not correct. Sometimes he is focused on the sights, i.e. when the target is 100 or 200 yrd away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suaPacb3JYk
I actually called them on similar shots as this one. The challenge of the shot was supposed to hit the balloon with a snub nose revolver round but it clearly hit the plate and broke the balloon with bullet splatter. I suggested fastening the balloon on wood. This year they changed the wording to say the balloon is there just for effect, the goal is to hit the plate. I now know if we send email to the show, it will have an effect.
I have seen episodes where Bob takes several rounds to pull off the "impossible shot."