Does anyone....

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

point177

Does anyone....

Post by point177 »

shoot local matches with Spring piston guns like HW30S/BSA Meteor, but not FWB300/S or Diana 75 and Peep sights.

Of course I know the PCP shooters will score better. What kind of scores are achieved with the Spring piston guns ?

Thanks

Manish
luftskytter

Post by luftskytter »

I've got a detuned Diana 34 with a competition peep sight that I bought second hand. It had been used as an entry level club un. Also got a HW50S similarly equipped. They don't have the ergonomics and weight of a proper match rifle, but a crisp trigger helps.

I normally shoot AP, so only shoot rifle occasionally for fun. I feel that my shooting is the main limitation, not the spring recoil. I also own a couple of old match air rifles, and the most obvious advantage for me is being able to hold these more steadily on target. If the shot feels good, the humble springers are surprisingly accurate. A wellbehaved quality springer is often able to shoot 10 metre "cloverleafs" from a rest.
Part of the secret is low power.....
point177

Post by point177 »

luftskytter

Thanks for your reply. In my country the apex body has scrapped 10mtr open sight category which was the foundation level for shooting and a cheap entry point into the world of shooting. Not everyone will be able to afford the 10mtr match rifles which cost 4 figures in Euros or US$ hence asked the question.

ISSF compliance is another issue....

M.
luftskytter wrote:I've got a detuned Diana 34 with a competition peep sight that I bought second hand. It had been used as an entry level club un. Also got a HW50S similarly equipped. They don't have the ergonomics and weight of a proper match rifle, but a crisp trigger helps.

I normally shoot AP, so only shoot rifle occasionally for fun. I feel that my shooting is the main limitation, not the spring recoil. I also own a couple of old match air rifles, and the most obvious advantage for me is being able to hold these more steadily on target. If the shot feels good, the humble springers are surprisingly accurate. A wellbehaved quality springer is often able to shoot 10 metre "cloverleafs" from a rest.
Part of the secret is low power.....