Steyr Trigger

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Champ600

Steyr Trigger

Post by Champ600 »

I have an LP10E and I was wondering if it's OK to set up the trigger as a single stage (remove all "dead play"). Also, those of you using 2 stage triggers, how do you squeeze it? 1st and 2nd in one smooth pull or take up 1st and slowly squeeze the 2nd?
lastman

Post by lastman »

Hi Champ,

I'm not sure if you can remove all of the 1st stage. However I do think you can take it to the point where it is imperceptible.

I have mine set up as a 2 stage trigger with about 300g on the 1st stage and a bit over 200g on the second.

I like to take up the first stage as I enter the aiming area. I use taking up the first stage as my cue to focus on the sights. From the time I start taking it up until it's all taken up my focus goes from 0 to 100% on the sights.

Once in the aiming area it is a smooth and positive press until the shot breaks naturally as my hold steadies and sights are aligned.

I have tried the 1 stage trigger, but I found I kept getting 'lost' on the trigger press and had many more snatch shots.

Good luck
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

As per lastman. Sitting on the second stage means you only have to pull the 200g i.e. not a full 500g in one go. To my mind it defeats the objectives of having a 2-stage trigger if you make it single stage. If you have a good trigger technique (generally speaking) a proper 2-stage trigger will be beneficial.

Rob.