Adjusting the Trigger on the Steyr LP-2

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Antoni Scott

Adjusting the Trigger on the Steyr LP-2

Post by Antoni Scott »

I wanted to reduce the pressure it took to cause the pistol to fire. It the USA they call it "reducing the trigger pull or trigger weight" .
I alwaays thought that a trigger had one or two stages. In a two stage trigger, the first stage travel moved and then the trigger "rested" on the second stage. Increasing the pressure cased the gun to fire. It is this part that I wish to reduce.

The Steyr manual has me confused. I am not interested in reducing the weight of the first stage travel.

5.3 Adjusting the trigger pull force:
Turning the screw anticlockwise reduces the trigger pull force. Turning
the screw clockwise increases the trigger pull force

5.4 Adjusting the first stage travel:
To reduce first stage travel, first loosen the triggerstop screw counterclockwise
a few turns. Turning the screw clockwise reduces the dead
travel. Turning the screw anticlockwise increases the dead travel.

5.5 Second stage pressure adjustment:
Remove grip by loosening the cheese head screw on bottom side of
grip. Turning screw clockwise increases the second stage pressure.
Turning screw anticlockwise decreases the second stage pressure.

Which adjustment do I use to cause the gun to fire with less trigger weight than now ? Has anyone reduced the "weight" of this trigger ?

Antoni
donthc

Post by donthc »

the 2nd stage pressure is located behind the trigger, and is kind of inaccessible. you need to remove the grip in order to adjust the 2nd stage pressure.

but bear in mind, that you need to have a minimum trigger pressure of 500g for issf events.