Weights for Avanti XS40

Hints and how to’s for coaches and junior shooters of all categories

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963

Dragongnr

Weights for Avanti XS40

Post by Dragongnr »

Anyone know where I can get weights for an Avanti XS40. Looking to add some to my daughter's rifle and I cannot find them.
jhmartin

Post by jhmartin »

If you are using this as a sporter rifle, then it's one of those "make your own" deals.
Many teams here use fired , collected pellets and melt them down into a pellet tin, drill a hole and using a ground down carriage bolt or such and mount them to the rail (rail mount is legal in sporter), out on the end of the rail.
One coach I know stole his wife's muffin tin for this ... don't use it for muffins after that though.

You can make barrel mount ones, but you have to make sure you can easily get the air cylinder on & off.
Some have taken plain plumbers solder & wrapped it around the bbl & then covered it with electricians tape
Haireacane

Weight

Post by Haireacane »

DJ Precision makes a custom 6 ounce weight for the XS-40 that we have used for several years. They still allow you to take off the air cylinder. They are $15 plus shipping. Below is the contact information.

David Haire
Tift County, Georgia 4-H

DJ Precision
306 S. Prindle Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004-6838
djprecision@joltmail.com
ALLEN JAYNES

WEIGHTS

Post by ALLEN JAYNES »

WE USED THE FLAT ADHESIVE WHEEL WEIGHTS ,THAT WAY YOU CAN MOVE THEM WERE YOU WANT ,WE WOULD BEND THEM TO FIT THE BARREL AND SET THEM ON THE TOP OR SIDE OF THE BARREL SO THEY DID NOT GET IN THE WAY OF THE CYLINDER ,CHEAP AND HAVE WORKED WELL FOR US
skylark

Post by skylark »

I've also used self-adhesive wheelweights. Our local tyrefitters gave us a handful of strips when we asked so I've no idea what they cost :) We've given them plenty of business over the years...