Elisio AN1 Stock for Prone

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

matchguy

Elisio AN1 Stock for Prone

Post by matchguy »

Anyone have any experience using an Anschutz xx13 in an Elisio tube stock for conventional prone? I think the sights will end up too high over the bore for a great hold. Seems the trend is getting the sights lower to the bore not higher.

What are your thoughts?
Tim S

Post by Tim S »

I've not used a tubegun, but my rifle does have a very shallow aluminium stock (System Gemini). A very low bore-line is good (although it does make the grip a little too low if I'm being picky). I use about 18mm of raiser blocks to bring the sight line up for a good head position.

Nothing wrong with raising the sights, plenty of shooters do this.
NateG

Post by NateG »

I've got an older (1963 production) 54 action in an AN-1, and it's extremely comfortable for me--but, I started shooting competitively with the AR15 in service rifle class, and conventional wooden stocks have never felt right to me.

The high sights are a nice feature, but you might need to keep an eye on the forearm angle--if you keep your head in the same location, the high sights would mean that the bore's a good bit lower. (Although the bottom of the stock is pretty close to the barrel, so that helps a bit in keeping the forearm angle sufficiently steep)
Jason

Post by Jason »

I've examined -- but not shot -- the Barnard version of the Eliseo tubegun and it's pretty slick. The butt assembly is very flexible and the round forestock is very comfy. I'm less worried about the higher sight line than I am about the very basic cheekpiece, non-adjustable pistol grip and the fact that you have to epoxy your action into the stock.

Mind you, I only shoot ISSF so maybe it's not such a big deal for NRA-style matches. That said, the stocks are priced VERY competitively, and if you also shoot fullbore using identical stocks for your rimfire and centrefire rifles makes a lot of sense. I'd love to see a YouTube review of the AN-1 stock, however, if anyone was interested (hint, hint).

Jason