FWB 65

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
PFribley

FWB 65

Post by PFribley »

Have a chance to purchase a Feinwerkenbau 65 spring powered 10m .177 pellet pistol. Don't know the price yet. Is this pistol still competive????? What would be a ball park price???? Been using a friends IZH 46. I like it!!! Just getting into the pellet gun target shooting?? Help???
Misny

Post by Misny »

Either pistol you mentioned will take you to the top of the game. A FWB 65 could cost from around $300.00 to $500.00 depending on condition and type of grips. A new IZH 46M will cost you around $350.00 new.
David Levene

Re: FWB 65

Post by David Levene »

PFribley wrote:Is this pistol still competive?????
It depends what you call competitive.

Will it take to a win at a World Cup? Extremely unlikely.

Will it let you win a local match? That depends on the opposition.

Don't let anyone tell you that a 65 is still a top class airpistol; it might have been 25 years ago but it isn't any more.

I tried one a few months ago, having last used one in the early 1980s. It felt really dated and unforgiving when compared to my Morini. It will however be a fraction of the price.
Rover

Post by Rover »

Would that I could shoot the scores now with my CA gun that I could with the FWB 25 years ago.
Misny

Post by Misny »

Maybe I was a little enthusiastic. Either air pistol will take you very far. By the time your goal to make the Olympic team is a realistic one, you will have probably moved on to a different air pistol. By that time you will have achieved enough skills to make the refinements of a top level PCP air pistol costing up to 5 times as much, worthwhile.
RB6

Post by RB6 »

Look at it this way , if you are an experienced PCP shooter and shoot a world class score on a regular basis then the 65 should not make much of a change in score

If you are an experienced shooter and shoot an expert class score with a PCP pistol and then shoot the 65, your score will suffer

just sayin