Toz 35 Issue

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
montster

Toz 35 Issue

Post by montster »

The problem I have is that about 1 out of every 3 shots the gun does not go off. I hear and feel a click but it is not as significant as when the firing pin fires.

Any suggestions out there where to look? Thanks in advance for help.

In setting up the trigger I have followed the recommendations in the manual. I activate the set trigger and then turn the sear engagement screw until the trigger fires and then I back it off a quarter turn. If I turn it more than a quarter turn setting the set trigger is quite a bit harder.
paulo

Post by paulo »

http://picasaweb.google.com/igor.rulyov ... 8755058738

The spring in the middle of the image, with round base is not bent enough or has broken.
Copy the idea shown here and do one from a paper clip, or from a spring wire.
The base needs to be thin so the screw that holds it locks, once you get the gun apart you will see what I mean, take a look at the spring replacement from a paper clip in the image screwed in position, you will see that it cant be much wider than the original spring, which is thinner than a paper clip.
TPE

Post by TPE »

Hi,

I had a similar problem a couple of years back. Then the problem was that the screw #13 had loosened and thus the tension of accelerator spring #12 was not enough to give enough "oomph" to release the firing pin. The part numbers refer to manual page 6 found from here http://www.docstoc.com/docs/29987866/TO ... stol-Parts

This of course happened during a match which I did not finish. A lot of dry firing was done though, since the weapon fired at first every other shot until it got so bad that it would fire every 10 shots. Unfortunately I was not aware of the loosened spring which would have been really easy to fix even during the match. Do not tighten the screw #13 too much, because that will 1) change the trigger behaviour quite a bit 2) if tightened too much will break the spring after some use. I used some Loctite or similar compound to secure the screw.

-TPe
montster

Thanks

Post by montster »

Will break down the pistol tonight and look a these root causes.
Greg Derr

Post by Greg Derr »

Any impression on the cartridge at all?
montster

Cartridge Impression

Post by montster »

I looked one or two times when it first happened and thought I saw a smudge on the rim but no impression.
Rover

Post by Rover »

I think what is happening is that the pistol is not cocking. The click you hear is the set trigger snapping.

You can see if this is the problem by opening the action. If there is tension you did not cock the gun. If the cocking arm swings loose, you did.

Operate the gun "lightly", not briskly, and see if the problem occurs.

Try a little more sear engagement.
montster

Spring okay and screw 13 tight

Post by montster »

I wore out 2 snap caps trying to duplicate the problem last night. Possibly I was not moving the lever all the way forward. Puzzled. I did set sear engagement to 3/8 of a turn instead of 1/4 turn.

Thanks for the help!
Bob-Riegl

Post by Bob-Riegl »

Could be "short stroking" due to operating the lever too slowly or without enough oooompf. A lackadaisical ejection of a fired cartridge does cuase this penomemon. Depending on the type of wood your grips are made of and where you store the gun (high mositure) can cause the wood to swell where the grips are inletted for the lever operation. Sometimes a little bit of dremel work is necessary. These are some of the most common causes for this phenomenon I have seen or worked with in the last 15+ years I have played with a TOZ. "Doc"
toz35

firing pin issues

Post by toz35 »

When ALL else fails, sometimes it is necessary to reshape the end of the firing pin.

Be VERY careful. If it is too sharp you will pierce the case and get hot gases escaping from the case.

If the firing pin is hitting too far out on the case it is hitting the fold of the brass and not setting off the priming compound. You can change where the end of the firing pin impacts the case to hit a little farther from the rim of the of the case. It is a change made by a gunsmith on one of my guns many years ago.

david
Rover

Post by Rover »

Well?