izh 35m

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
dam8

izh 35m

Post by dam8 »

i have been using a spent casing for dry firing, it gets pretty distorted! and after a while it need a bit of help to get out. any other solutions? i have been told you can dry fire with out anything, but i don't! not after seeing that nurled rim!
RB6

Post by RB6 »

Get a 1/4 inch tie strap , stick it in the barrel with the large end sticking out a couple of inches , drop the slide and dry fire till the cows come home

JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Or a piece of 1/8" thick leather.
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

Or, since the pistol is designed so that the firing pin tip cannot strike the chamber's edge, you can dry fire without a plug as intended.
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

Makris D. G. wrote:Or, since the pistol is designed so that the firing pin tip cannot strike the chamber's edge, you can dry fire without a plug as intended.
That hammers hell out of the barrel and really isn't recommended, in my opinion at least.
j-team

Post by j-team »

Makris D. G. wrote:Or, since the pistol is designed so that the firing pin tip cannot strike the chamber's edge, you can dry fire without a plug as intended.
While it is true that well designed rimfires can theoretically be dry fired without damage, it's not something I would make a habit of.

Take the advice above and get some plastic or rubber or leather and cut it to fit inbetween the bolt face and chamber. Just make sure it is thin enough so that the disconnector is not still disconnecting, or it will not work. Also helps if you can shape it so the extractor doesn't dislodge it when you re-cock each time or you will soon get sick of chasing it around the floor and re-inserting.