Steyr LP10 Grip/Barrel

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
tronozac

Steyr LP10 Grip/Barrel

Post by tronozac »

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding Steyr LP 10.

1. I don't have chance to try any grip size and see what best fit for me, so I'm asking for Your expirience with M-L sizes and Your hand size. My hand size iz 9-9.5 cm and I think L size would be best but I wanna buy second hand LP10 on internet and it have M size. Any info can it fit to my hand?

2. Is there any barrel clasification Class I, Class II etc.
I hear that Steyr have different barrels (Class I) for top shooters and (Class II) for all others.

Thank You
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

9.0-9.5, you are borderline large.

Go with the medium. It is easier to add then to shave properly.
yana

Post by yana »

Cant you scan in yr hand for the gunshop?
Its very dependant of yr whole hand what size you need. I need S hand width wise, but M fingerlength wise.
I held a new Steyr LP10 few weeks back, grip was VERY thin to my feeling. And that was an M grip.
I prefer the thicker morini grips.
Better try first if you can.
Wouldnt worry about barrels. Dunno wether there ís difference, but its certainly nót noticeable for us shooters!
tronozac

Post by tronozac »

Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to try it and there is no such sport gun shop in my country. If I mesure my hand as shown here http://www.pilkguns.com/steyr_grip_sizer.shtml size is ~9-9.5 cm. . I don't care too much for barrel but just wanted to know about this.
Also I prefer thicker grip.
When I get mine lp10 I will surely post my expirience.

Thanx for any advice
Clintw

Post by Clintw »

I'm 95mm across the knuckles, wear a 10.5 glove and thought I'd need at least a Large LP-10 grip but it came with a medium. Surprisingly, the medium seems to fit well. It helps having the trigger be fully adjustable also (I slid it forward quite a bit).

I think the medium will also fit you. Here's a deal for you. I have an extra unmodified medium grip that I will send to you so you can be sure before ordering your LP-10. Just send my grip back when you are done. PM me your shipping address.

I have no answer for your barrel question though.

Clint
tronozac

Post by tronozac »

This just show how ppl on this forum can be helpful and kind.
Clintw, thank You for offer, but I'm on the other side of world (Bosnia), and it would be too expensive and too long to get grip here and back.
However I bought LP10 and waiting it to come, we will know soon :)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

tronozac wrote:but I'm on the other side of world (Bosnia)
Can I suggest that you should amend your profile to show your location. It helps when people are answering your posts if they know where you are.
RobinC

barrels?

Post by RobinC »

I visited the Steyr factory in Sept, one of my questions was about wether they build special guns for top shooters, they said they do occasionaly build them, but they produce no better results than the normal production pistol!
Good shooting
Robin
jipe

Post by jipe »

yana wrote:Cant you scan in yr hand for the gunshop?
Its very dependant of yr whole hand what size you need. I need S hand width wise, but M fingerlength wise.
I held a new Steyr LP10 few weeks back, grip was VERY thin to my feeling. And that was an M grip.
I prefer the thicker morini grips.
Thin grip seem to be the new trend, I tried the new Walther LP400 and it was the same, I also prefer thicker grip like the Rink. The Walther technician I discussed with told me that they indeed made it flatter than on the previous LP300(XT).

For the LP10, the grip shape changed several times during the long life of this pistole (it is now 10 year on the market). The one of Tronozac is a used one -> difficult to know what version of the grip he will receive.
BEA

LP 10

Post by BEA »

I do not beleive that Styer has different levels of quality for their barrels or any other parts. For the top shooters, they may perform more thorough accuracy testing, or test a wider range of barrels. Afterall, some barrels do shoot better than others for unknown reasons. However, I do not think they would chance soiling their reputation for top shelf quality by selling grade B barrels with the hopes these pistols would end up in the hands of less talented shooters that would not know the difference.
tronozac

Post by tronozac »

I had a discussion with one man who sales his gun and claims that his barrel is I class made for Olympic shooter.
As I know there is no such thing as barrel classification at Steyr (for LP10), just wanted to know your opinion.
After shooting with FWB Mod. 65 this should be a big refresh :-)
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I do believe amongst rifle manufactures there are different barrels for different shooters, especially amongst 22 barrels (retail, national team level and the elite international shooters). In regards to air pistols, most are capable of sub 10-ring size groups. If the shooter who is selling his air pistol is claiming his barrel is for an Olympic shooter it might be worth accepting. However, I would want to see the test target which came with the pistol and a current test target (i.e. a current 10 shot group or more). The current test target proves the pistol is still accurate.

Good luck,

Brian
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

I do believe amongst rifle manufactures there are different barrels for different shooters, especially amongst 22 barrels (retail, national team level and the elite international shooters). In regards to air pistols, most are capable of sub 10-ring size groups. If the shooter who is selling his air pistol is claiming his barrel is for an Olympic shooter it might be worth accepting. However, I would want to see the test target which came with the pistol and a current test target (i.e. a current 10 shot group or more). The current test target proves the pistol is still accurate.

Good luck,

Brian
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

Brian James wrote:I do believe amongst rifle manufactures there are different barrels for different shooters, especially amongst 22 barrels (retail, national team level and the elite international shooters). In regards to air pistols, most are capable of sub 10-ring size groups. If the shooter who is selling his air pistol is claiming his barrel is for an Olympic shooter it might be worth accepting. However, I would want to see the test target which came with the pistol and a current test target (i.e. a current 10 shot group or more). The current test target proves the pistol is still accurate.

Good luck,

Brian
That's not quite true. Certain manufacturers select the top models from their testing for elite shooters and this includes air pistols (and no doubt rifles too - I only know air pistols as a certainty). Whether those guns are really any better is of course very open to debate - especially pistols where we have such a big bull.

Rob.
tronozac

O Yeah :)

Post by tronozac »

Finally I got it.
So grip size is "M" and it fit my Hand perfectly. I even had to reduce size! "L" size would be too large for my hand, so if Your hand size is 9, 9.5, 10 "M" would be perfect.
Thanx again for all Your help, now it's shooting time :)
bebloomster

Post by bebloomster »

You're going to fall in love with that LP-10. Grips feel wonderful and it is very light in the hand.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

RobStubbs wrote:
Brian James wrote:I do believe amongst rifle manufactures there are different barrels for different shooters, especially amongst 22 barrels (retail, national team level and the elite international shooters). In regards to air pistols, most are capable of sub 10-ring size groups. If the shooter who is selling his air pistol is claiming his barrel is for an Olympic shooter it might be worth accepting. However, I would want to see the test target which came with the pistol and a current test target (i.e. a current 10 shot group or more). The current test target proves the pistol is still accurate.

Good luck,

Brian
That's not quite true. Certain manufacturers select the top models from their testing for elite shooters and this includes air pistols (and no doubt rifles too - I only know air pistols as a certainty). Whether those guns are really any better is of course very open to debate - especially pistols where we have such a big bull.

Rob.

In my opinion, most manufacturers will have a selection of class "A" and class "B" products.

Depending on the country of export, 'first world' countries receive class "A" products and the other countries ('third world') probably will receive class "B".

When you're traveling abroad, just check out the same products you're used to and you'll see what I'm talking about.

No manufacturer will admit this because it will ruin their reputation.