FWB 65 -FWB 80 VS. IZH-46M

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
askernie

FWB 65 -FWB 80 VS. IZH-46M

Post by askernie »

Hey People,

I have recently seen some really great priced FWB 65's and FWB 80's out there.

Some time ago I sold my IZH-46M and my Walther CP-3 Match due to money problems...and boy have I regreted it.

Now that I am considering buying a 10 meter pistol again, I have been thinking, should I be looking for a FWB 65 or 80 or should I just buy another IZH-46m.

Between the FWB 65 and 80...which is better?

Keep in mind, that both of these pistols meet my criteria of no air, gas and self contained, and are both in my price range.

Thanks guys...

ernie the eyeball
RB6

Post by RB6 »

Buy them all ...........

zoned

Re: FWB 65 -FWB 80 VS. IZH-46M

Post by zoned »

The FWB65 and 80 won a lot of medals in their day. In the hands of a good shooter they are still competitive. Their 65 would do everything the later model 80 could do. The 65 is a basic shooter while the 80 is pimped with marketing doo-dahs. I'd opt for the 65 any day.

Both of the FWBs are large and heavy and a bit clunky handling like the Izzy. The 46 has fewer internal parts to do the same job, though, and at this point in time is probably better supported for parts and service. Accuracy with all will be about the same.
kevinweiho

Post by kevinweiho »

I have both the FWB 80 and the IZH-46M, but if i had to choose between the two, i would go with the Baikal.

The reasons are:

1.) Simpler construction, and changing the seals is very easy.
2.) Has dry-firing mechanism
3.) In my opinion, it shoots smoother than the FWB.

Post by Guest »

Go for a FWB100. Simpel design and more effective.