Pulse controlling

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

aximisu

Pulse controlling

Post by aximisu »

Hy there.
My name is Mihai Axinte. I am not native english speaker so please excuse my mistakes.
I am a sportsman in Europe, Romania. I usually shoot prone 50 m smallbore rifle.
I am pleased to find such a big community for our beloved sport.

So, what is my problem.

How do you deal heart beats and how can you shot beetwen them?
Last days I was trainig on my Scatt sistem and I realized that if you could shot exactly beetwen heart beats you have bigger results.

The problem is how can you feel the heart beat?
What should we do to know for sure which is the righ moment to press the trigger?

As you can see in the two print screen below (are for the same shot) the speed and the coordination are strongly linked together. So when the heart beats the rifle is accelerated, the speed rises, and the coordination, I mean orientation to the center target is disturbed.

So the heart is a problem.

Thank you.
Attachments
The same shot<br />Look on the lower half grafic; is the speed for current shot.
The same shot
Look on the lower half grafic; is the speed for current shot.
The coordination is linked to the speed .
The coordination is linked to the speed .
WesternGrizzly

Post by WesternGrizzly »

I cant really tell how much your heart beat is moving your Point of aim. If you could email me a full SCATT file i would be able to tell more.

The key points to get the effect of pulse minimized are:
1. The sling must pull from the outside of the arm so it minimizes pressure on the brachial artery that is on the inside of the bicep.
2. The sling shouldn't be really tight around the arm. Snug but not tight. once again to reduce the pressure on the artery.
3. Wear a sweater underneath your jacket if you don't already. this will "deaden" the pulse.
4. Cardiovascular exercises help reduce the rate of pulse but keep in mind that the volume of blood being pumped per beat will increase and this will disturb your sights more. But less often.

I have heard a few different things about detecting pulse. My coach says that your body will become aware of your pulse and you will start shooting shots subconsciously between beats. I personally can feel my pulse in my ears. I can also feel it in the palm of my right hand.
If you just get in to position and go through the motions a few times(without ammo or aiming point) you can begin to start searching your body (mentally) for a spot that you can feel your pulse. Just become aware of your body. After awhile you may start noticing the pulse during your every day activities. Body awareness does wonders.
matt
dlinden

Post by dlinden »

If you are shooting from prone position, I do not understand why your length scores are as high as they are. If there is a lot of artifact on your tracings, this could be related to halogen or incandescent lighting near your setup that is causing signal distortion. Flourescent lighting can eliminate this. If so, you will see a sawtooth pattern on your tracings.

Dennis
Kevin6Q

Post by Kevin6Q »

Holding your breath will put extra time between beats. Good cardio fitness will also slow the heart when at rest while shooting.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

Kevin6Q wrote:Holding your breath will put extra time between beats. Good cardio fitness will also slow the heart when at rest while shooting.
Holding? I always shoot on my exhale.
Matt
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

Aximisu,

Shooting during the "natural respiratory pause" and using a medium to high powered scope, you should be able to see the pulse beat. Then it is a matter of training the subconscious to fire at the end of the pulse. There is a pause at the end of a heartbeat that is notable.

To reduce speed of the pulse first is good cardiovascular fitness (with the attendant increase in size of the beat), and next is using deep breathes (belly breathing) to reduce pulse rate. If very fast pulse, due to putting pressure on yourself, you may have to stop and do relaxation visualization, then restart your shot routine.
Kevin6Q

Post by Kevin6Q »

westerngriz wrote:
Kevin6Q wrote:Holding your breath will put extra time between beats. Good cardio fitness will also slow the heart when at rest while shooting.
Holding? I always shoot on my exhale.
Matt
Holding your breath is not a huge inhale and not exhaling. Holding is just purposely not participating in the breathing cycle. At the end of the exhale just pause. This will pt a larger gap in the time between beats.
aximisu

Post by aximisu »

dlinden wrote:If you are shooting from prone position, I do not understand why your length scores are as high as they are. If there is a lot of artifact on your tracings, this could be related to halogen or incandescent lighting near your setup that is causing signal distortion. Flourescent lighting can eliminate this. If so, you will see a sawtooth pattern on your tracings.

Dennis
First of all thanks for your quick answer.
This proves what a pasionate community are you. I am very glad that I can join your community.

I am not sure that I understand very well what are you telling me (maybe my english is not so good), but as far I can understand I can answer yor question.

My "lenght score" - here I can understand the tracing line- is so high: 287, 290mm because I set the control interval at 5 sec, so the yellow line is the last 5 sec before the shot.- normal the media is at 55-60 mm/sec.

If I am wrong with the understanding please let me know.

But is very intersting what are you saying that the fluorescent lamp is not disturbing for the signal. I have a light source the incandescent one, from a Rika wall support. When I will have the opportunity I will try with fluorescent lamp. About the sawtooth is not present.

The original file is attached here for the ones who want to see it.
(The date is wrong due to my laptop settings)
Attachments
Mihai Axinte 17-04-09 17-52-55.scatt
shoot on 17.11.2010
(57.42 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

Well i wouldnt be worried about your pulse at this point. What you should work on is your Natural Point Of Aim (zero point). It seemed on the majority of your shots the zero point was too high. You should work on getting your apporach correct. by this I mean your trace should start at 6 oclock and rise up to the center and settle right before the shot breaks.
Matt
aximisu

Post by aximisu »

westerngriz wrote:Well i wouldnt be worried about your pulse at this point. What you should work on is your Natural Point Of Aim (zero point). It seemed on the majority of your shots the zero point was too high. You should work on getting your apporach correct. by this I mean your trace should start at 6 oclock and rise up to the center and settle right before the shot breaks.
Matt

I thought that is because the sighting. I did not pay attention the sighting shots very much because I wanted to control the triger release beetwen heart beats.

If I understand the zero pont is the center of the target right?

Thanks for your comment.
westerngriz

Post by westerngriz »

the zero point is where the rifle naturally points while relaxed.
matt