FWB-93AW Pardini or used 208s?

Brought to you by Zero Bullet Company Inc.

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, Isabel1130

jake

FWB-93AW Pardini or used 208s?

Post by jake »

Considering these three for BE and any opinion sure would be appreciated from any & all, good or bad . Thanks
Mike M. (as guest)

Post by Mike M. (as guest) »

All three are good guns.

The Hammerli is the classic, but it's out of production...and since Walther bought out Hammerli, parts support can be spotty. I own a 208S, but would not recommend buying a used one at this time. There are other options.

The AW93 is highly recommended - I understand the USMC team wound up replacing their Hammerlis with them. Very accurate, with good support. Mounting a dot can be a bit of a pain, but I understand that issue has been solved.

The Pardini? Accurate, but the grip angle may not suit you...especially if you are shooting a 1911 well. IIRC, the frames are actually grooved for rings.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

A lot of the better bullseye shooters are now shooting a Marvel conversion on a dedicated lower. If you like the 1911 a lot this can be a good way to go for the bullseye shooter who wants to shoot consistently across an entire 2700. I am currently using an AW-93 which I like a lot but if I change guns it will be to go to the Marvel for rimfire.
jake

thanks

Post by jake »

Great info from both. Afraid to do anything to my .45 other than shoot it so another gun is necessary. You convinced me, now any suggestion as best place to go to purchase the FWB? Have been away from any info sources for so long don't know who the good or bad folks are...never support the bad! Thanks again.
Mike M. (as guest)

Post by Mike M. (as guest) »

Isabel brings up a good point. The fourth option is to get yourself a 1911 frame and a Marvel conversion unit.

As to where to find an AW93, Pilkguns and Champion's Choice both carry them.
Isabel1130

Post by Isabel1130 »

Pilkington does carry them. e mail me at Isabel1130ataol.com and I will give you some other sources and other suggestions if you really want to go with the Feinwerkbau. Just put AW93 in the subject line. Kate
yana

Post by yana »

Forget the 208 imo. Cant get any decent spares for them. I waited 3 YEARS for a slidespring (and I ordered 2..). I dont like their triggers either by the way(gritty, with creep), nor their balance.
jake

choice

Post by jake »

FWB seems to get the nod so thanks folks, really appreciate everyones input. How did I get by all these years without this site. Surely the best for my interests...Jay
38HBWC

Pardini grip angle

Post by 38HBWC »

I am not familiar with FWB, but since the SP22 came into the fold, I personally have discovered the Euro grip angle is the one feature I like the most. The wrist in more prone to be in a "locked" position and mechanically, the recoil pulse drives directly into the arm/shoulder, therefore, muzzle "flip" is minimized. Also the bore is low in the hold, helping this aspect. The 1911 grip angle positions the wrist in an unlocked stance, and the bore is noticably higher in the hold. The torque impulse sympathetically flips the muzzle up in unison with the unlocked wrist, subsequently adding time to sight recovery. These are my own personal observations, YMMV
MilspecShooter

Re: FWB AW93 and SP22

Post by MilspecShooter »

38HBWC wrote:I am not familiar with FWB, but since the SP22 came into the fold, I personally have discovered the Euro grip angle is the one feature I like the most. The wrist in more prone to be in a "locked" position and mechanically, the recoil pulse drives directly into the arm/shoulder, therefore, muzzle "flip" is minimized. Also the bore is low in the hold, helping this aspect. The 1911 grip angle positions the wrist in an unlocked stance, and the bore is noticably higher in the hold. The torque impulse sympathetically flips the muzzle up in unison with the unlocked wrist, subsequently adding time to sight recovery. These are my own personal observations, YMMV
Two drawbacks that I can see:
Just got a Walther SP22 mod4 myself. Couldn't resist the price CDNN had on them. Here's my take. The trigger pull is ridiculously long for a BE gun and well just ridiculous. It really has no flip as noted and seemed pretty accurate. Had S&W send me a new trigger transfer bar ($26) I believe I can hack on it and significantly improve on their overly litigation proof trigger. I just wish that the gun didn't look and feel so disposable. It really doesn't present like something that would be handed down generation to generation like I hope to do with my 1958 M41.

Drawback for the AW93 $$$$. But she's quality and embodies all the low barrel, wrist lock, no torque quick recovery desired above.
Levergun59

Post by Levergun59 »

Jake,
If you are going to shoot indoors all the time then buy any gun that fits, feels good and is reliable. If you plan to shoot outdoors, then you will have to deal with a 1911 45cal pistol. Of all the guns in BE, this is the hardest to conquer. Since leg points allow a Beretta or a 1911, your 22 and centerfire guns should be military grip angle. I've seen too many 860-880 scores in rimfire/centerfire backed up with a 600 or worse 45 score. I shoot a Hamden Victor with Herrett trainer grips to approximate the grip angle and width of my 1911. I shoot my 1911 in centerfire and 45 throughout the year leading up to Perry. Just my take.
Chris
caa028

Post by caa028 »

MilspecShooter,

Walther SP22 (that you mentioned) and Pardini SP22 (discussed in this thread) are VERY different guns
nicka800

BULLSEYE PISTOLS

Post by nicka800 »

I have owned both Pardini's 22/32 and I suggest that you avoid them. My experience with service has been not good. The trigger adjustments are complicated and hard to get to set to your requirements. Look at the SP22 MK4.
dam8

Post by dam8 »

look down the line of specs and posts here. FWB,pardini. hammerli and marvel conversion,
you probably need to try each if you can. grip angle is way different and trigger feel too. I have several 22 sport pistols and shoot the padroni. as for the trigger mentioned earlier, once you set it usually it doesn't get touched again ( imho)
MilspecShooter

SP22

Post by MilspecShooter »

Here I was trying to sound knowledgeable and all on my 2nd post and instead turn out sounding like a clueless, novice know-it-all.
Didn't know the Pardini model designation was SP22. I've just always heard it called a "Pardini" and nothing else...
Rather strange that Walther would use the same designation???
And right you are, there is a signifigance difference between the two except for the trigger. They're both rediculous, but for very different reasons.
Where as the AW93 has a very sweet trigger, That is Feinwerkbau's AW93.
nicka800

Re: BULLSEYE PISTOLS

Post by nicka800 »

nicka800 wrote:I have owned both Pardini's 22/32 and I suggest that you avoid them. My experience with service has been not good. The trigger adjustments are complicated and hard to get to set to your requirements. Look at the SP22 MK4.
The SP22 is Walther. Become more informed.
alchemist

10X

Post by alchemist »

Walther SSP ----- Pardini SP
l-adkin1

Post by l-adkin1 »

have looked at the sp22 model 4 because could not find izh35m how do they compare
ammagad

Post by ammagad »

i really like my morini cm22m.. although it was not one you suggested i would give it a try.