does my custom jacket fit, an Anschutz skorpion fusion

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

metalnwood

does my custom jacket fit, an Anschutz skorpion fusion

Post by metalnwood »

Hi all, I have had a really rough time with my jacket. I once had an anschutz jacket that fit really well and it was stolen. I replaced it with an off the shelf one because it was part way through the season and I couldn't wait for a better one.

Eight months ago I ordered the skorpion fusion. Five months ago it arrived and it didn't fit. It turned out it didn't match the measurements that were on record so it wasn't a change in my body, which has been pretty stable in size for 10 years. It had far to much space in the front, really bulky in the back and I could touch my elbows together without effort.

It was a real shame after waiting three months for it. Anschutz would not replace it, they would alter it so it was sent back. I just got it back today, another 5 MONTHS later. I put it on an was dissapointed again. It felt better but I can touch my elbows with no effort at all.

I thought that this was the one thing that mattered on jackets. Is this not the case for this jacket with it's softer materials?

I am in indoor prone shooter, my average over the last couple years has been ~98.8 so my shooting is reasonable but my understanding of jackets is just what I have heard.

I don't want to keep it after 8 months of waiting and all that money if it is still a lemon. I don't want to have to try it and just live with it if it's not as it should be.

Should it be like this for a custom made jacket?

Thanks.
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

I called up one person I know, a very good shooter and he suggested that this is probably not a jacket made for prone, rather a 3P jacket. This I think is true.

He thought in a jacket made for prone you probably could not get your elbows together as was my understanding but for a 3P jacket he wouldnt be as concerned as long as the fit across the shoulders was OK.

I think the fit across the shoulders is pretty good so perhaps thats just how these jackets should feel and I need to try it out when I can get to the club..

Post by Guest »

The Fusion is a 3P jacket, ahg don't make a prone jacket.
metalnwood

Post by metalnwood »

Yes it is, I knew that when I got it but I didn't expect that it would be so different that the old touching elbows rule doesn't apply, after all the 3 p guys still have to shoot amazing scores in prone as well. Albeit, probably with a different custom jacket for each position for the really good guys.

Anyway, the real question is should be be like this - 3p jacket or not? If it is, ok then.
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

metalnwood wrote:Yes it is, I knew that when I got it but I didn't expect that it would be so different that the old touching elbows rule doesn't apply, after all the 3 p guys still have to shoot amazing scores in prone as well. Albeit, probably with a different custom jacket for each position for the really good guys.
Anyway, the real question is should be be like this - 3p jacket or not? If it is, ok then.
Actually no, the rules only allow one jacket to be used for all events.

I can't comment on what the jacket should be like or if it fits or not - it's near impossible to tell without seeing you wearing it in real life.

Rob.
beowulf1730

Post by beowulf1730 »

I am a 3p highpower shooter mostly but shoot some smallbore and airrifle in the winter months to stay tuned up. In highpower we use the same coat for all positions and has very little effect. the trick is to make sure the coat fits properly around the chest and shoulders to fit well. I have started lifting weighs and my bicepts have gotten a little larger and filled out the sleaves of my jacket a little more which has helped me. Also my jacket was off the rack and was little large in the chest. but now that I have a little more meat on me it fits much better. I know there are much more rules for jackest in issf shooting but i think the key is that as long as your jacket fits within the rules and your happy with the fit it doesn't really matter what its supposed to fit like as long as it fits you. Good luck.