Izh-46m owners

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
keith

Izh-46m owners

Post by keith »

I just got a 46m about a week ago. I really impressed with it .....never thought I'd spend $400.00 for a "Pellet" gun.....And I also understand its not a FWB or some high dollar European olympic pistol but never the less I'm really inthosed with it and Olympic style shooting.....that being said I'm curious if I maintane the IZH well what would be a good expectation of life expectence before haveing to rebuild reseal etc...or replace......so I guess I'm asking some long time owners to speak up here....

10's & X's

Keith
Quest1

Re: Izh-46m owners

Post by Quest1 »

keith wrote:I just got a 46m about a week ago. I really impressed with it .....never thought I'd spend $400.00 for a "Pellet" gun.....And I also understand its not a FWB or some high dollar European olympic pistol but never the less I'm really inthosed with it and Olympic style shooting.....that being said I'm curious if I maintane the IZH well what would be a good expectation of life expectence before haveing to rebuild reseal etc...or replace......so I guess I'm asking some long time owners to speak up here....

10's & X's

Keith
That's like asking how long a car will run without regular maintenance. It will depend on much you fire the pistol. For example, if your a heavy (100 rds everyday) then you probably will have to do a rebuild every year. If your a light user then you could probably go for years. The only regular maintenance most people can do is lubricating the moving metal parts like the cocking and trigger parts and the seals that seal the breach. Just make sure that you use a non-petroleum based lubricant.

If your a heavy user and want to make sure the pistol will work during a competition then schedule to have it rebuilt within a year or you can learn to do it yourself. When an airgun fails because of a leaky seal they seem to fail at the most in opportune time such as during a competition.

Post by Guest »

Not trying to maliciously hijack the thread, but what is involved with rebuilding a pistol? Taking it apart, cleaning off all the crud, replacing the o-rings, apply Si oil and hope there arent any extra bits left over when youve re-assembled it?
bruce76

IZH-46 owners

Post by bruce76 »

Anyone have any recommendations for a shop to service one? I know, "do it yourself" but I've got 10 thumbs and would rather have an expert do it.
C. Perkins

Post by C. Perkins »

Bruce;

Check out this website.

http://www.airgunarena.com/index.php/IZ ... Air_Pistol

It is way to easy to replace seals in the Izzy.

Enjoy the pistol as all whom own one do.

Clarence

Edit so you can find the seal replacement guide.
Go to that link
Go to Repairs/ Parts
scroll down to do it yourself
Go to repairs by make and model

Sorry for the wild goose chase, but for some reason my link goes directly to it and not the link I posted above.
Last edited by C. Perkins on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keith

Re: IZH-46 owners

Post by keith »

bruce76 wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for a shop to service one? I know, "do it yourself" but I've got 10 thumbs and would rather have an expert do it.
I believe if you look up MAC 1 air guns you will find what you seek . He is in Calif and does up-grades to the IZH......but as the last post stated its pretty simple to remove the piston and seals......
nglitz

Post by nglitz »

Also, there's a real nice tutorial on www.pilkguns.com that walks you through the piston seal replacement. Mine hasn't needed it yet, in around 6000 rounds.
Just a drop or two on the seal from underneath (see the manual) and a little light oil on the external linkages is all that it really needs. It's a pretty simple gun. I like it.

Norm
nglitz

Re: Izh-46m owners

Post by nglitz »

Quest1 wrote:
keith wrote: ... I'm curious if I maintane the IZH well what would be a good expectation of life expectence before haveing to rebuild reseal etc...or replace
10's & X's

Keith
That's like asking how long a car will run without regular maintenance. ...
That's not what Keith asked.

Norm
paulo

Post by paulo »

The only thing you should have to pay for is to change o-ring part 35, and that is if it ever a leak develops, never heard of one such case.
Getting the compression cylinder out is not for beginners, you need some torque applied to get that cylinder moving out of place, everything else is very easy to maintain.

http://www.airgunarena.com/index.php/Di ... structions

The reason I got the cylinder out was to do some weight reduction, but the best way to get some serious weight out would be to use airplane grade aluminum for parts 50/51/43 the pumping levers.

It is a great pistol, and I miss mine already.
Attachments
IZH 46M
IZH 46M
Brian M

Post by Brian M »

FWIW, I had parts 20 and 2 fail on me (threads on both stripped through use, never disassembled before that). Beyond that, I've done NOTHING to my 2002 purchased pistol. I've gone through about 14000~16000 pellets before shelving it in favor of an LP10. My wife recently picked it up though, so the pellet count is still going up.

The only limitation the pistol has is the lack of an adjustable grip IMHO. If I could have adjusted the grip, I probably wouldn't have bought the Steyr.
Fred Mannis

Re: IZH-46 owners

Post by Fred Mannis »

keith wrote:
bruce76 wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for a shop to service one? I know, "do it yourself" but I've got 10 thumbs and would rather have an expert do it.
I believe if you look up MAC 1 air guns you will find what you seek . He is in Calif and does up-grades to the IZH......but as the last post stated its pretty simple to remove the piston and seals......
I had Mac1 rebuild my IZH and am pleased with his work. The rebuild includes a new stainless valve (the oem valves are prone to rusting). With regular/proper lubrication this pistol should shoot at least 10-20K pellets before needing new seals.