Merit ?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
keith

Merit ?

Post by keith »

Does anyone out there have a merit there wanting to part with?.....Has anyone used the 19.00 dallor non adjustable one?
Packard

Post by Packard »

I just got mine; it hardly looks like $60.00 worth of equipment. I think I would just get some black contact paper, punch a hole and stick it on my old glasses. Once you get the position right it should be just as effective.

Corrective glasses are available over the counter (no prescription needed) so that is not a problem.

Making the hole is the hardest part.

I have a leather punch that makes various size holes so I'm going to try this out shortly.

If you have an old pair of glasses this is a $2.00 investment.
keith

Post by keith »

I actually just made one.......with a black plastic disk about 1 1/2 across . I drill a 1/16 hole in it ,seems to be the best hole size for me. and I used some epoxy to fasten it to the mounting bracket for those clip on sunglasses........I just drill the rivets out and removed the sun lens and put my disk in its place ....if you look at the Gehmann or the ADH clip on iris well you get the idea.... seems to work pretty well ...I just used a brnd new 1/16 drill bit and all done..... works well and didnt cost 60-80 bucks.....for awile I had a strip 3/4 wide of the black plastic coffe lid double side taped to a old pair of glass that worked ok to......much small that 1/16 did yeild enuff light and once I started to go bigger my focus would start to fad.....
Packard

Post by Packard »

I would guess that you could simply drill a hole in the clip on glasses and then use some black nail polish to darken the area around it. I like the idea. It would work for carry conceal firearms as it would not be readily apparent to the casual observer that these are "peep" sunglasses.

My personal issue is that I shoot both off hand (one hand hold) and Weaver stance (two hand hold) and for some reason I have to move the iris for the different stances.

So drilling would not be ideal for me unless I maintained two pair.
zoned

Post by zoned »

Packard wrote:I would guess that you could simply drill a hole in the clip on glasses and then use some black nail polish to darken the area around it.....
Your shooting stance should not be determined by your line of sight through a fixed hole in eyeware. The natural posture of your body determines your stance and head position on the line. An aperture should be adjustable on x and y axes.