American shops that sell weapons international????

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

dartvidar

American shops that sell weapons international????

Post by dartvidar »

I looking for American shops that sell weapons international. Do anyone know where I can find that? I basicly looking for a STI pistol, S&W revolver and DPMS rifle. I can see the STI gun is sold new for 1700$ in America, and in my country they sell it for 3200$.
pilkguns
Site Admin

Post by pilkguns »

This is a next to impossible request. It is not too difficult to import firearms in the US, but it very difficult to export firearms FROM the US. It involves the State Department and other agencies, and is just a long drawn out paperwork nightmare and alos involves expensive licenses that is really only worthwhile for large orders such as a manufacturer.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

I'm sure a big chunk of the $1500 difference is to pay for the issues Scott brought up and then shipping firearms overseas isn't cheap either.

Do your prices also include VAT? Whereas the US prices do include any taxes.
TomAmlie

Post by TomAmlie »

To tack onto what Scott said.....after first seeing your post, I surfed the web a bit, and apparently "assault weapons" (which definition probably includes the DPMS) require additional special permissions from the State Department.

Simpson does offer a service such as this (http://www.simpsonltd.com/export.php) but it costs a bit, and perhaps more importantly, if there's a problem with the gun you'll probably find it next to impossible to get any sort of warranty service. Between Simpson's fee, the intra-US shipping, the shipping to Norway, Norwegian paperwork and permits, etc. you're probably looking at some substantial additional costs. Finally, as Richard noted, you may get dinged for an import duty or VAT when it comes into Norway.

It's unfortunate.
dartvidar

Post by dartvidar »

The Norwegian paper works is almost nothing. I get this permit from police when i apply for a new weapon. It only takes some days to get it, and it cost nothing extra. I heard some Norwegians say they had paid between 200-400$ for the permit to export a gun from USA to Norway?
It will still be lot of money over to pay for shipping and tax in Norway.
I just looking for a seriouse American shop who have the export license, and can proceed my export license.
jipe

Post by jipe »

Did you consider to buy from other countries than US ? Switzerland sells many weapons, price are relatively low and export paperwork is easy and cheap. If import to Norway is also easy and cheap, it could be an option.

A link to a big gunshop that does export and has a huge online catalog: http://catalogue.lagardere.ch/catalogue/catalogue.pdf (prices are in CHF).

Note that there are many other gunshop in Switzerland that also do export.
Leon

Post by Leon »

dartvidar wrote:The Norwegian paper works is almost nothing. I get this permit from police when i apply for a new weapon. It only takes some days to get it, and it cost nothing extra. I heard some Norwegians say they had paid between 200-400$ for the permit to export a gun from USA to Norway?
It will still be lot of money over to pay for shipping and tax in Norway.
I just looking for a seriouse American shop who have the export license, and can proceed my export license.
You are correct with your costs. Look at gunbroker.com in the international sales section, and you will find a number of FFL holders who will export. http://www.gunbroker.com/Support/Suppor ... faqid=1110

Try -
Hurricane Butterfly Research Corp.
Tacoma, WA 98402
Phone: 253-414-6066
Fax: 253-272-4740
web: http://hurricanebutterflyresearch.com
email: jmwong@firearmslawgroup.com

Post by Guest »

Can't you fly over, buy it and fly back and bypass a lot of paperwork? I heard this many years ago so not sure if it still applies.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

Anonymous wrote:Can't you fly over, buy it and fly back and bypass a lot of paperwork? I heard this many years ago so not sure if it still applies.
That's still exporting and you need the right paper work, not sure if I'd be willing to gamble with my freedom and spending a long time in a cell just to save a few hundred dollars. Plus you'd most likely have trouble with the FFL if your a non US resident even to purchase a firearm in the US.
dsaptarshi

Re: American shops that sell weapons international????

Post by dsaptarshi »

dartvidar wrote:I looking for American shops that sell weapons international. Do anyone know where I can find that? I basicly looking for a STI pistol, S&W revolver and DPMS rifle. I can see the STI gun is sold new for 1700$ in America, and in my country they sell it for 3200$.
In India avarage market price for Second Hand Walther PPK .32 in good condition is 16600$ yes its not a TYPO, its sixteen thousand six hundred US dollar ( 700000 to 750000 in INR) where a brand new PPK will cost you within 600$ in US. and This is almost true for any make European or American. And the funny thing is, even at this price you will consider yourself lucky if you happened to find one in good nick.

if getting license is not a big deal in your country , you may give it a try but buying one in here in US specially handgun will be not a easy job for a foreigner, provided you meet the laws and criteria defined in that state
dsaptarshi

Post by dsaptarshi »

Richard H wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Can't you fly over, buy it and fly back and bypass a lot of paperwork? I heard this many years ago so not sure if it still applies.
That's still exporting and you need the right paper work, not sure if I'd be willing to gamble with my freedom and spending a long time in a cell just to save a few hundred dollars. Plus you'd most likely have trouble with the FFL if your a non US resident even to purchase a firearm in the US.
Richard , I doubt , buying one pistol for your personal use and carrying it with you while returning back will be considered as export. (Unless you are having a large quantity or doing it commercially )I know many shooters who actually bought competition firearms in US and take it back with them to their own country, legally, without any hassales. Offcourse they qualify and fullfilled the minimum criteria of buying weapon here in US. Per my understanding you can legally carry a weapon in checked in luggage as long as its legal to posses the same in your own country.
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

To the OP I suggest you contact the BATF and the Dept. Of State prior to purchasing firearms in the US because the value of the legal advice that one gets from a forum is worth about what one pays for it.

If you do contact them make sure you get it writing.
dsaptarshi

Post by dsaptarshi »

Richard H wrote:To the OP I suggest you contact the BATF and the Dept. Of State prior to purchasing firearms in the US because the value of the legal advice that one gets from a forum is worth about what one pays for it.

If you do contact them make sure you get it writing.
I agree with Richard on this , However Below link may be helpful and worth taking a look

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/nonimmi ... green-card

Specially

Q: I am a nonimmigrant alien. I’m coming to the United States for 2 weeks. I do not have a hunting license or any alien or admission number. Can I buy a firearm from a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to take back to my home country?
You may not buy a firearm and take possession of it in the United States. However, the FFL may directly export the firearm to your home country. If the FFL directly exports it, you do not need a hunting license, alien number or admission number, or 90 days of State residency. However, the FFL first must obtain an export license from the Department of State or, if the firearm is a sporting shotgun, from the Department of Commerce

and

Q: I am a nonimmigrant alien who has resided in Idaho for 1 year. I have a valid Montana hunting license. Can I use the Montana license as evidence that I fall within an exception to the nonimmigrant alien prohibition when I go to buy a gun from a dealer in Idaho?
Yes. A valid hunting license or permit from any State within the United States satisfies the hunting license exception to the nonimmigrant alien prohibition. The license does not have to be from the State where the nonimmigrant alien is purchasing the firearm. Please note, the transaction must comply with State and local laws.