One-off custom grip maker for olympic pistol?

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

keithwwalker

One-off custom grip maker for olympic pistol?

Post by keithwwalker »

Having trouble finding a replacement grip for a Unique DES 2000U. Are there any custom grip makers out there that would make a one-off grip?

I don't need anything fancy, just close to standard grip design and my hand size, and could possibly provide the old grip to use as a template.

I have already contacted the following with negative result:
Karl Nill GmbH
Rink-Formgriffe
Morini Competition Arm S.A. did not reply, even though they list the 2000U in their custom page, here:
http://www.morini.ch/grips_det.htm (anyone have a better contact other than their general email address?)

Open to ideas
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

bump!

Anyone know of a custom grip maker for olympic pistol type grips? The larger grip makers are doing production runs, not individual work.
Leon

Post by Leon »

"Morini Competition Arm S.A. did not reply, even though they list the 2000U in their custom page, here: "

Just order one - they will be able to make it. Morini made me a grip for a Colt Python last year.

If you are still pursuing the 2000 from Potters, ask Potters to order the grip for you - they are the Morini agents here in Aus.

BTW - I still think the other 2000 is better.
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

Thanks Leon. I do agree that the other 2000 is better, but the other seller won't export. I am toying with the idea that I should get Potter to export the other one for me, but I don't have two right hands!
visitor

Post by visitor »

Where are you, anyway?
Leon

Post by Leon »

keithwwalker wrote:Thanks Leon. I do agree that the other 2000 is better, but the other seller won't export. I am toying with the idea that I should get Potter to export the other one for me, but I don't have two right hands!
For export, try Barry Smith thegunsmiths@optushome.com.au - they import so maybe they export as well...
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

Sorry, have updated my info, am in Portland Oregon, USA. Used to live in Pennsylvania.
william

Post by william »

Disclaimer: I have no personal experience to share.

Seaton Thomas (Gripman) has garnered very high praise from shooters who have used his services.

seaton2@frontiernet.net

I don't believe he has a website.[/url]
sillymike

Post by sillymike »

Maybe Dennis Marschalko (dmarschal@yahoo.co.uk) might be able to help you... I've bought a few gips from him over the years, he's a good guy to deal with.

Michel
Richard H

Post by Richard H »

What you really need is someone who actually makes handmade grips. The companies you listed really make custom fitted production grips. They are made on cnc machines which requires programming and and test pieces, to make one grip that way it's not really going to be economical for them b ecause I doubt you'd even want to pay the costs associated with it.

A handmade custom grip is probably the way to go, you could even try your own hand at it. Block of wood, chisels, files, dremmel and sand paper and you're good to go.
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

That was the title of the thread, lookinq for a custom one off grip maker. so any makers that have photos of their work out there?

There are a ton of pcp air rifle stock makers out there, not many for olympic pistol
Richard H wrote:What you really need is someone who actually makes handmade grips. The companies you listed really make custom fitted production grips. They are made on cnc machines which requires programming and and test pieces, to make one grip that way it's not really going to be economical for them b ecause I doubt you'd even want to pay the costs associated with it.

A handmade custom grip is probably the way to go, you could even try your own hand at it. Block of wood, chisels, files, dremmel and sand paper and you're good to go.
Brian James

Post by Brian James »

The following TT thread maybe of some use to you - http://www.targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=26656

the thread was an attempt to compline different grip maker's contact information.

Brian
keithwwalker

Post by keithwwalker »

Thanks for the thread link. I should be able to send the original grip out to use as a master so that a new grip can be custom fitted.