Morini 162EI v. Morini 162EA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
ricchap

Morini 162EI v. Morini 162EA

Post by ricchap »

Can somebody tell me what is the difference between a 162EI and a 162EA? Which one of the two is their latest model? I just ordered a 162EI, but they are sending me a 162EA instead. Are they sending me an old model?

Thanks.

Post by Guest »

Who is "they"??

I think the only difference between the EI and the EA is nomenclature. The features of the EA as well as all the included accessories look identical to the EI.
orionshooter

Post by orionshooter »

I think the same gun is given different model designators - the same gun is sold as an "EA" in Europe while the "EI" is sold in the US and Canada.

Bottom line - same gun and package
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

In Europe, the EI was the earlier version with the 15V battery. The EA is the later model, using 2 x 1,5V batteries. Don't know if everybody is using the same nomenclature, though.
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

Tycho wrote:In Europe, the EI was the earlier version with the 15V battery. The EA is the later model, using 2 x 1,5V batteries. Don't know if everybody is using the same nomenclature, though.
My EI has AAA batteries.

I can't remember ever seeing an EA in the UK.

I'm pretty sure they are the same gun, different name, different language.
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

I've even seen guns with "162E" on the side, but the exchangeable tanks from the EI, delivered like this from the factory. One can't be sure of anything - south of the alps is Africa :-)
jipe

Post by jipe »

Tycho wrote:In Europe, the EI was the earlier version with the 15V battery. The EA is the later model, using 2 x 1,5V batteries. Don't know if everybody is using the same nomenclature, though.
I thought the old type with 15v battery was the 162E ?
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

jipe wrote:
I thought the old type with 15v battery was the 162E ?
The 162E (without the "I" or "A") had a fixed tank. I am pretty sure the change to the 162EI (or 162EA) just signified the change to interchangeable tanks, not the change in the battery.
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

To put this clear:
EA and EI are the SAME pistols. When the EI (stands for Elettronica Innesco - electronic trigger) was introduced in Germany in the early 1990s the German importer of the guns suggested to Morini to find a different designation for the gun due to the fact that in the German language EI has a comlete different meaning (the translation of EI is "egg"). And so Morini complied and produced the same gun with the differet label EA (which now means "Elektronischer Abzug" - electronic trigger in German).
So to make a long story short: No matter what is written on the gun (EI or EA) it´s always the same high quality product. Everything clear now?
Best regards
Max
PS: I´m German speaking but I own a Morini 162 EI without any problems ;-)
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

I thought:-
EI = Electronic Interchangeable
EA = Elektronischer Austauschbar

That follows through to the mechanical trigger:-
MI = Mechanical Interchangeable
MA = Mechanisch Austauschbar

It doesn't matter, as I said earlier, "same gun, different name, different language".
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

David Levene wrote:I thought:-
It doesn't matter, as I said earlier, "same gun, different name, different language".
Yep, that´s true. Different languages often cause problems due to misunderstanding or misinterpretation ;-)
EA is the German interpretation (translation) of EI. Strange but true.
But anyway it´s a perfect air pistol. I´ve even changed my Steyr LP10 (mechanical) for a Morini 162 EI. And I don´t regret ;-)
Best regards
Max
ricchap

Post by ricchap »

Thank you all for your comments. Most of you were correct. The 162EI and the 162EA are the same gun. 162EA is the european version. This is the Morini factory reponse:
"CM 162EA is same as CM 162EI, you will read on the frame that is marked CM 162EI. CM 162EA is the name our dealer Gehmann in Germany gave to our pistol because EI in German means egg!"
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Yeah, but some people ARE actually using the EI / EA as a designator - when Thomas Rink brought out his first custom grips for the 162, the "EI" were for the 15V battery and the "EA" for the 2 x 1.5V batteries e-units. So check first and buy cautiously ;-)
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Tycho wrote:Yeah, but some people ARE actually using the EI / EA as a designator - when Thomas Rink brought out his first custom grips for the 162, the "EI" were for the 15V battery and the "EA" for the 2 x 1.5V batteries e-units. So check first and buy cautiously ;-)
And besides I hope that for the CM84E (my FP) Morini will change the kind of batteries, too. Because until now you have to buy the very rare and expensive 15V batteries for the 84E.
Max
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

hiermax wrote:And besides I hope that for the CM84E (my FP) Morini will change the kind of batteries, too. Because until now you have to buy the very rare and expensive 15V batteries for the 84E.
Max
I seem to remember that they need the extra "oomph" from the 15V battery to run the "light beam" safety.
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

David Levene wrote:
hiermax wrote:And besides I hope that for the CM84E (my FP) Morini will change the kind of batteries, too. Because until now you have to buy the very rare and expensive 15V batteries for the 84E.
Max
I seem to remember that they need the extra "oomph" from the 15V battery to run the "light beam" safety.
Sorry, as a non-native-speaker I didn´t get you. What do you mean by "to run the light beam safety"?
Max
Makris D. G.

Post by Makris D. G. »

He refers to the sensor that detects your finger on the trigger, and enables the electronics only when your finger is in front of the trigger.
hiermax

Post by hiermax »

Makris D. G. wrote:He refers to the sensor that detects your finger on the trigger, and enables the electronics only when your finger is in front of the trigger.
Ah, ok. Now that´s roger ;-)
Thx
Max
Tycho

Post by Tycho »

Reliable sources say that there is a alternative e-unit for the CM84E, that works with a coin cell and only needs the upper part of the grip cavity. As I haven't actually seen one, this is probably one of the many Morini "what-is-your-score?"-parts for selected shooters only...
buonvento

South of the Alps is Africa...

Post by buonvento »

Tycho wrote:I've even seen guns with "162E" on the side, but the exchangeable tanks from the EI, delivered like this from the factory. One can't be sure of anything - south of the alps is Africa :-)
I live in Italy, but my skin is white... If I remember correctly, Morini Competition is in Switzerland, north of the Alps...