Stock Styles & Length of Pull

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

BJ

Stock Styles & Length of Pull

Post by BJ »

I would like to take a poll of the shortest possible length of pull set ups for all the different smallbore stock styles available. If you don't mind, please measure your stock from the front of the pistol grip to the rear of butt where the buttplate goes into the rifle. You can see the attached picture as to how to take the measurement.

Some different stocks I would like to compare the measurements of would be...

Feinwerkbau: 2700 Super Match
Anschutz: Precise, Aluminium Models, Walnut 1912, Walnut 1913
Walther: Anatomic, Alutec
MEC Models
Gemini Ultra
Grunig & Elmiger

Thanks,
Brian
Attachments
DSC04882.JPG
DSC04882.JPG (19.17 KiB) Viewed 2489 times
cmj

Post by cmj »

some of the stocks like the precise have a movable pistol grip, , so, where do you want it fwd for small hands increases the length and back for big hands shortens the length
BJ

Post by BJ »

Well if folks don't mind it would be nice to know the distance with the pistol grip in the rear most position and the forward most position.

Brian
bugman 551

stock styles and length of pull

Post by bugman 551 »

I have the Gemini ultra stock. The measurement from butt to front of pistol grip is 8 inches.
BTW2010

Re: stock styles and length of pull

Post by BTW2010 »

bugman 551 wrote:I have the Gemini ultra stock. The measurement from butt to front of pistol grip is 8 inches.
Would I be correct, based on what I've read, that the Gemini 703 smallbore stock has the "shortest butt section" on the market? Perhaps this is the information the OP is looking for?

Just my 2c...
Petzi

Post by Petzi »

I have the anschütz 2213 alu.201mm min and 217mm max with a grip size med there is also a large available.
henry1

Post by henry1 »

me personaly i like the Walther LG.300 Universal stock to me it fits me perfectly with it right left hand grip system ..

but to some it is allways a diff style of shape of a stock of the rifle that they are useing ..
RobStubbs

Post by RobStubbs »

The walther annatomic is the shortest I've tried, in position, but I never measured it. I'm off short stature, which is why it's on my shopping list.

Rob.
pfiori

Stock measurements

Post by pfiori »

Measurements are from front of grip to rear face of butt plate carrier.

Anschutz Precise stock - 8 3/8" with medium size grip.

G&E stock - 8" with grip to the rear
8 3/4" with grip forward
Measured with the short Butt plate carrier ratchet and Medium size grip.
The long carrier ratchet adds 7/8".

The precise stock grip is not adjustable in the forward/rearward direction or for cant. It does move laterally and rotates.

The trigger reach dimension becomes long on the G&E with the grip fully to the rear, 1 1/16" from front of grip to front of trigger blade ( anschutz 5018 trigger with standard straight blade fully to the rear).

Hope this is helpful
Pete